Plant your wishes- an Ostara Ritual

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
smogie_michele

Plant your wishes- an Ostara Ritual

Post by smogie_michele »

I usually become over the moon in excitement when a holiday comes up, but I always just kinda ease into Ostara. I spend the day planting whatever seeds I have started on Imbolc, so this little ritual is a cute little addition. I posted this on my pagan based blog and had a bunch of positive feedback in return, so I hope you enjoy it as well!

What you need:
A plant to plant... I always choose aloe because I love having it around the house
A pot and soil
Pen and paper
*any crystals you may want to add in the mix. Not needed, just a nice touch.

What to do:
Write your wishes for the growing season down on a piece of paper and charge it with all of your loving energies. Sprinkle some soil in the bottom of the pot and place your wish down in it. Continue planting your plant like normal, visualizing your wish coming true. If you wish to add any crystals, place them around the edge of your pot- sometimes I add in clear quartz for some extra power. If you wish to say an invocation of some sort, you may do so now. I usually say something along the lines of, "God and Goddess, I thank you for your blessing and ask that you look over me during this growing season. Blessed be." I'm not very formal in my words...
The idea is that as you watch your plant grow and come to life, so will your wishes.

Hope you guys enjoy it! :D :flyingwitch: :surprisedwitch: smiley_dance
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Aderyn

Re: Plant your wishes- an Ostara Ritual

Post by Aderyn »

I love this idea! :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Plant your wishes- an Ostara Ritual

Post by SnowCat »

I have a little garden area by a back window. I think I will plant some seeds and see what happens.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”