Onyx

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
onyx208

Onyx

Post by onyx208 »

I changed my name to Onyx two years ago because that was my horse Jessie's show name, and have just discovered Wicca. I wonder if there is a deeper reason I landed on that name.

So...

What are your experiences with onyx? What has it helped you with? Can it be used for different things? Educate me! :)
Ravensilverclaw

Re: Onyx

Post by Ravensilverclaw »

Why, thats the kind of stone you'll use fro gazing, of course. Your skrying stone...the Light, a gateway. Look in a very dim light...the answer you seek will appear if you agree to keep looking until it comes, even though you might have to stare all night until your eyes fall out!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I have an onyx necklace which I also use as a pendulum. Onyx has calming energy and is known to deflect negative energies. It also helps with settling libido and increasing intuition and natural instincts. It also is known for it's grounding properties.
I hope this is helpful.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

These are the healing properties of Onyx:

Strength ♥ Stamina ♥ Constancy ♥ Permanence ♥ Firmness ♥ Durability ♥ Self-control

Onyx is a variety of Chalcedony. Onyx is a 7th Anniversary gemstone.

Zodiac - Gemini, Leo
Element - Earth
Typical colours - Black, grey, white, blue, brown, yellow, red, green

Onyx gives strength. It promotes vigor, steadfastness and stamina. Imparts self-confidence, helping you to be at ease in your surroundings. Onyx banishes grief, enhances self-control and stimulates the power of wise decision-making. It encourages happiness and good fortune.

Onyx treats disorders of the bones, bone marrow and blood. It is beneficial for teeth and the feet.

In addition to the generic healing properties of Onyx, specific colours and types have additional attributes:

Black Onyx is associated with our Base Chakra.

Green Onyx is associated with our Heart Chakra.

Info obtained from: http://www.charmsoflight.com/onyx-heali ... rties.html

Sounds like you may be a strong and positive person if you are drawn to Onyx :)

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”