Decorated

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
dolphinpatronus

Decorated

Post by dolphinpatronus »

I did some holiday decorating today. My son picked our "tree" a few years ago. My allergies go crazy with a live tree. The ornaments are mostly things my son made at school but the store bought ones are sentimental things...one is even a mother/daughter thing. My mom has the other half. To my family it's our Christmas tree...for me it's a Yule altar :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417231709.096874.jpg
Estee :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Decorated

Post by SnowCat »

That's really pretty. I have allergy trouble with real trees too. I'm thinking of a table top one this year. Making it a Yule altar is a really good idea.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dolphinpatronus

Thank you. For some reason the smell of pine (even fake pine...like air fresheners & candles) makes me sneeze like crazy...but it's still not as bad as lilacs. I get big time hay fever from lilacs.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

:D :D :D
I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one with a little table top fiber-optic tree set up as an altar. We keep ours up year round because it serves a secondary function as a memorial to my uncle. :D
dolphinpatronus

I'd like to keep mine up year round & decorate it for different seasons & holidays but my husband says no. Lol
eclectic witch

Post by eclectic witch »

I have a small nightstand altar that I leave up most of the time, with simple decorations. Occasionally I'll decorate more around sabbats/esbats if I feel the need
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Finances are still more than tight for me. It will soon be twelve weeks of not working. I think I'll watch the clearance sales for a table top tree, and then start putting together my seasonal decor for it. I'm beginning to feel the need for a more visible connection.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dolphinpatronus

I can understand that...if we hadn't already had this one we probably wouldn't have anything up at all

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”