Tried something different...

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
nightstar

Tried something different...

Post by nightstar »

I tried something different when I meditated last night. I have seen it posted in more than one place that shamanic drumming was a great tool for meditation. So, I gave it a go. I was in a good place where thoughts were fluid and really were not of consequence. When out of nowhere I saw a vision of a fanged (almost vampiric) human skull. it didn't really feel negative but the vision was so strong, so intense, that it was unsettling (again not in a bad or good way). It just for a lack of a better way of saying it, extremely powerful.

I have since tried to research the meaning but haven't found anything that fits.

I was hoping to get some of your takes on it, any thoughts?
Nightstar

***<3***<3****<3
"Change your thoughts and you can change your world" -Norman Vincent Peale
Eliphas Blackthorn

Re: Tried something different...

Post by Eliphas Blackthorn »

This is similar to the kind of magic I practice. I first go into stillness and then into vision. In this state beings can present themselves. You may have run into a parasite. I suggest going into the void first before proceeding on in visions like that to avoid running into lower level parasites. Oh and take a salt water bath to get anything off of you that you may have picked up.
nightstar

Post by nightstar »

Thanks... I will keep that in mind.
Nightstar

***<3***<3****<3
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Honestly, I don't feel as if that was a parasite. If you didn't feel incredibly drained after, and didn't feel anything one way or another in terms of how its positivity/negativity then I'd say it has some other sense of significance. Perhaps you are not meant to know what it is just yet? I've had quite a few situations where I've really wanted to know the significance and meaning behind something but it wasn't the right time and I had to wait for it to show up. Perhaps keep note of things that happen every day now, to see if there's any kind of correlation?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
nightstar

Post by nightstar »

It really didn't feel one way or the other besides being extremely intense. I felt more buzzed from adrenaline afterwards. I am starting to think that it was more of a warning than anything because 3 days after this happened, my husband got into an accident. He is fine (thank the powers that be) but now his car is totaled. Then again, it could mean something else.
That night was weird though, I wasn't trying to get a vision, I was trying to just "be". I guess it just goes to show that things happen when you least expect them to.
Nightstar

***<3***<3****<3

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”