Anyone recognize this name? UPDATE

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Moonfire

Anyone recognize this name? UPDATE

Post by Moonfire »

So tonight I "felt" a name come to me. I don't know why but it seemed very important and relevant, possibly even a deity but I'm not sure. At first I struggled with making out the name but when I finally got it, it rang...powerful. Like a name I was supposed to know or remember.

Anyone recognize the name "Pluridius" ? (I'm guessing on the spelling by the way. Sorry about that. ^^;; )

EDIT

Ok. So I think I may have found out what's going on. The word Pluridius (or Pluridios as I felt it should be once Levitating Cat brought it up) was not actually a name but a way to get my attention. At first I thought maybe it was a god with many faces, like Cat suggested so I did a tarot reading. After doing the reading I immediately felt the call of Set the Egyptian God of Storms, Chaos, Darkness and Confusion. I denied this and within about 36 hours a raging thunderstorm rolled in, I was demanded by a presence (Which I know is Set now) to listen to the song Bodies by Drowning Pool even though I wanted to listen to something else, my Ipod suddenly "froze" in the middle of a line: "You're all by yourse-" and got a feeling of "Lol no, I'm here and you can't do anything about it.", only ONE of the soda fountain nozzles at my job suddenly stopped working-the one I had been using- and suddenly three servers come in behind me needing that specific soda so we all had to mob the bartender to use his (Which, by the way the bartender was really busy so that sent all of us into chaos) and then FINALLY ALL OF OUR DRAFT BEERS JUST STOP COMING OUT FOR NO REASON AND SEND JUST ABOUT EVERY SERVER IN THE RESTAURANT SCRAMBLING TO OUR ONE MANAGER ON DUTY TO PACIFY OUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HAVE DRAFT BEER.

And each one of those events happened after I said, "Lol, no I don't have Set the God of Chaos trying to break into my life. No. Just no." So each and every time I denied it, things got messed with. So yeah, he's spartan kicking my door down.

I thought that was finished and that maybe he represented the "many faces" as he has been, revered,feared and villainized a few times off an on through out Egyptian history. Not to mention while he did/does embody the more dangerous and darker sides of life it is for the sake of balance and maintaining the world.

But now I know that is not it. Now that I've acknowledged he's in my life now I have heard/felt many more metaphorical knocks and "Hey, we're all here too." I now have the possibility of Artemis, Apollo and Bastet at least trying to come in to. x_x
Siona

Re: Anyone recognize this name?

Post by Siona »

It sounds kinda Latin, doesn't it? I looked at some Roman possibilities, but Pluvius is the closest I could find ("sender of rain" an epithet of Jupiter). Couldn't really find anything more helpful than that, though...
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Siona wrote:It sounds kinda Latin, doesn't it? I looked at some Roman possibilities, but Pluvius is the closest I could find ("sender of rain" an epithet of Jupiter). Couldn't really find anything more helpful than that, though...
It definitely does sound Latin. I checked google translate and it detected it as such but provided no meaning. Anyways, what you have is more than what I found so I'll try looking into that and see if I find anything that jumps out at me. Thank you, this gave me a starting point. :]
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

To me it sounds a bit like Pluri-dios which could be roughly translated as "many gods", or maybe it could mean a god with many faces or many forms? Interesting. Let us know if you discover anything, Moonfire ;)
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Levitating Cat wrote:To me it sounds a bit like Pluri-dios which could be roughly translated as "many gods", or maybe it could mean a god with many faces or many forms? Interesting. Let us know if you discover anything, Moonfire ;)
:surprisedwitch: OMG PLURIDIOS THAT'S IT. Ahem. Sorry. xD I'm not entirely certain what it means to me (although the god of many faces seems to ring strongly to me) but that specific way you spelled and worded it is right. I don't know how but that's it. I'll see if I can make contact with them, maybe do some mediation. Or I can turn to my tarot deck for contact. Eitherway, I have a beginning now! Thank you so much!
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

I can't promise that this is correct, but the god of many faces makes me think a lot of Morpheus if that's helpful!
Siona

Post by Siona »

What I'm wondering then is what role the language used plays in it all, if any? I'm not fluent in any of these languages, so someone correct me if I'm way off here, but just running a few quick searches it seems pluri-dios would make sense in both Spanish and Italian? And there would be very close sounding variants in perhaps French and Latin? Maybe even in other languages? Interestingly, there's of course also a further variant in the Proto-Indo-European language (ple-Deiwos), which each of these languages descends from. I wonder if you might be looking for a deity who shows up in somewhat different forms in some of these different pantheons, which isn't too uncommon for the religions that share those Proto-Indo-European roots? One god who seems to be many gods?

Anyway, just speculating a little bit, it's a pretty interesting little mystery!
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Siona wrote:What I'm wondering then is what role the language used plays in it all, if any? I'm not fluent in any of these languages, so someone correct me if I'm way off here, but just running a few quick searches it seems pluri-dios would make sense in both Spanish and Italian? And there would be very close sounding variants in perhaps French and Latin? Maybe even in other languages? Interestingly, there's of course also a further variant in the Proto-Indo-European language (ple-Deiwos), which each of these languages descends from. I wonder if you might be looking for a deity who shows up in somewhat different forms in some of these different pantheons, which isn't too uncommon for the religions that share those Proto-Indo-European roots? One god who seems to be many gods?

Anyway, just speculating a little bit, it's a pretty interesting little mystery!
Good point, Siona. When pluri-dios came to my mind I thought the same - it doesn't make sense linguistically! Pluri is italian, dios is spanish. But even though it doesn't make sense linguistically it makes more sense from a semantic perspective. Both of those words are present in many languages in more or less similar form which makes it easy to understand.
Pluri > plural - rings a bell instantly, right?
Dios > deus - same here.

When it comes to entities - be it deities, demons, spirits, anything - what I learned is that they will try to communicate with us in any ways possible, not necessarily honoring our linguistic rules. So it does make sense in a way.
I also would like to mention that it is important to be careful, especially in a situation where you get an entity's name "out of nowhere" because you can never be 100% sure what the entity actually is. I'm not trying to discourage you, just letting you know that I've experienced cases where something was making a contact and introducing itself with a false name and it usually weren't friendly entities.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

If you decide to go the route of looking into gods with many faces this Wikipedia article may help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycephal ... ccurrences
I think another way of looking at this is that perhaps Pluri-dios isn't so much the name of a single deity contacting you, but perhaps a suggestion that you will be working many deities on your path. Or it could also be a suggestion that maybe you're being called to work with an aspect of the Divine that is considered "the all" rather than "the one." A universal consciousness rather than a single deity.
Moonfire

Re: Anyone recognize this name? UPDATE

Post by Moonfire »

Thanks guys for all of your help~ I think I may have figured it out now. Details added in on my first post! ^_^
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Fascinating.
Glad you found the answer! And good luck with getting along with Set and others ;)
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

Levitating Cat wrote:Fascinating.
Glad you found the answer! And good luck with getting along with Set and others ;)
Lol I think I'll need it! xD Set is already proving to be a handful for me!

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”