Spirit Guides

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
EyeofHorus

Spirit Guides

Post by EyeofHorus »

I'm unsure if this is the right place to ask my question, but here it goes:
I seem to be unable to see my spirit guides.
I've followed meditations but I never seem to be able to get in quite a deep enough meditation to see what they look like. I have an idea of who they may be, but I'm never sure if it's really them or if it's my imagination, and it's bothering me to no end! I researched the subject but haven't found anything about it!
Am I doing anything wrong? Are my impressions only wishful thinking?
azriel

Re: Spirit Guides

Post by azriel »

Hello! There is nothing wrong with you, do not worry. There are some people I know who have never seen their guides, but have always known them to be there. Maybe you have other gifts such as clairaudience, etc. that would allow you to work with your guides in a different way. If you want to know if you have a connection with someone, ask for them to send you a little message. You may find it while walking around, you may hear the same words over and over throughout the day, or read a similar pattern in literature. Be open minded! One never knows how their guides will connect with them at first, but once you know how, then you can work with them to help you in you endeavors.

Do not worry so much if the meditations do not work at first. I had a difficult time reaching the deep state since I always energetic and I was unable to visualize because my mind would start thinking about food. Most of the meditations that I had read about wanted the user to visualize or count down numbers to reach a deep state, but my mind would wander. I had to do some trial and error meditations before I found that focusing on my body was the best way to calm myself down to be able to meditate. Once I found a system that worked, I worked on simple visualization exercises such as a small object and working my up to the environment. At this time I had an idea of who my guides were and they appeared to me when they decided to. Currently, I have only "seen" three of my guides, but I know the others are there.

They will appear to you when you are ready, but do not be surprised if they do not look like how you thought they should!
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
EyeofHorus

Post by EyeofHorus »

I'm in the same situation! When I meditate what often happens is songs pop up in my head and just won't leave and I'm never sure if it's my spirit guides communicating with me or just my mind wandering... I guess I'm just not ready to meet them yet, it's true that I've only just embarked on this whole adventure/journey.. Thanks for the reassurance azriel!
Siona

Post by Siona »

There are many people who practice spirit journeying and the like and never actually see their guide or the other world, but find that they have to rely on their other senses - particularly if they are very sight oriented in their day-to-day life. It's really not uncommon, even among those who have been practicing for many years, so don't get too caught up on the idea of sight. If you stop focusing so much on that aspect, you might find your other senses give you the information you need.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”