Crystal Drinking Water?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Sundancer

Crystal Drinking Water?

Post by Sundancer »

I recently read something about putting cleansed crystals in drinking water for 24 hours and drinking it. Has anyone tried this??
Sakura Blossom

Re: Crystal Drinking Water?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I have not. Haha. Did it say what the benefits of doing so would be? I'm curious to learn more.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

From what I understand it "infuses the body with the crystal energies". I'm soaking my amethyst now, so I'll update tomorrow after I try it!
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Yeah, it's quite common amongst the crystal people. They usually put it in a water filter jug or straight into the bottle/glass. Now, there's a difference between some stones and crystals and a few different methods of infusing the water with crystals.
First of all, there are stones that were proven to cleanse and activate your drinking water in a healthy way. One of such stones is for example black flint (it's important that it consists of opal and chalcedony). Many people use it, even those who are not into crystals.
Then we've got the largest group of stones and crystals which are used to energetically infuse our water, which means that these crystals charge your water with their energy without actually letting any (or minimum) of their particles out to the water. Any kind of quartz crystals is suitable (and many more).
And finally we've got stones and crystals that are not supposed to be used with water because they're toxic and could cause you some serious health problems. Some of the stones consist of heavy metals and other toxic substances so everyone who's interested in drinking crystal water needs to be careful what they put in the water.

Here are some articles about the crystals you can and cannot use with water and instructions on how to do it properly:
How to Energize Water with Crystals (+ list of good crystals)
Crystal Safeguards (+list of toxic crystals)
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Thank you, Levitating Cat, that was very helpful! I've been using crystals for a while and I just heard it, so strange!
hecate8

Post by hecate8 »

I use crystal charged water. I put the water in a green bottle and sit it in the windowsill for twenty four hours so it color charges as well. Further, you can put a mirror under the bottle, and it makes what shamans call arshan, very healthy and energizing.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Levitating Cat wrote:list of toxic crystals
Cool. Here is another post about contraindications to be aware of:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26569.html

Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Thank you. Now from what I understand you can put these stones next to the water but not in them, correct?
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Um, yeah. As long as they're not wet it's okay.
That also applies to holding such stones for a longer period of time in sweaty hands for example - it can be toxic.
You can still charge water with them but not the regular way. You can put a stone in a satchel and then place it under your bottle/jug of water for 24h.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Crystal or Gem Elixirs are a great way to take in the benefits of the stone into your body. As mentioned some can be toxic and should not be ingested. You can just keep the stone next to the water and it will still take in the powers of the stone.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

What everyone says is true and in fact a few have talked about this before namely Seraphin in the Blue Apatite thread
here http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... al#p197799

but yeh its a great way to get the energy as every has stated before, and like AnaisStar stated you could simple just place the stones around the water, say place a bottle of water into a bowl with the stones you wish to adsorb the energy of or like others have said you can place them into a filtered water pitcher or just a pitcher in general.

just in case you dont read the full thread in the link above here is a list of crystals that are toxic
http://hibiscusmooncrystalacademy.com/r ... ls-stones/

Also here is a very nice and simple look at gem elixirs and a very nice simple list of some elixirs with safe gems to use and even a small list of gems not to use
http://spaceforbeautifulmind.blogspot.c ... lixir.html
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I just saw that link of toxic gems and that is a great resource. Glad its pinned at the top.

Ive also seen it where you can put gems in a large bowl, then place a smaller bowl into that one (kind of how you would do a double boiler) and the put water in the smaller bowl, so the crystals sit underneath. Or vice versa...water in large bowls, crystals in smaller bowl sot that hover over the water.

I would leave these on a windowsill for as long as you can so they can absorb the energy from the sun and the moon. A full moon cycle would be ideal. Be careful too about leaving in the sun though if they gems can be affected by the sun (fading etc).

Ive been wanting to make my own and will probably also infuse them with reiki.
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

This is the first time I've heard of this. But yes, I think not all gemstones can be placed into drinking water too! Thank you Levitating Cat for including links to educate which can or cannot be put in drinking water. It can be dangerous.

I have a rose quartz myself but I'm fine with the way things are now so I don't think I'll try to put it into my drinking water yet.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”