Elemental Recipes Masterpost

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
springsgrace

Elemental Recipes Masterpost

Post by springsgrace »

Merry meet, everyone!
While I'm working on my magickal pyramid/power base (focusing on one of the elements for a few days to build magickal will) I find it helpful to focus on each element in a physical, tangible way. One of these ways is to cook a recipe using particular ingredients that correspond to an element in my eyes. This is particularly good practice for beginner witches building an elemental base, people trying to show friends/family a new pagan perspective, people celebrating sabbats/esbatts or as offerings during a ritual. So, I decided for my own and other witches' reference, I would compile a list of recipes based off each element. Here goes!

FIRE:
Drinks
Rose and Ginger Cordial (my own recipe, can have either part drunken by itself as ginger or rose cordial)
Ginger Beer (also soothes upset stomachs and motion sickness)
Flaming Cocktail (well, what's more fire-related than literal fire?)
"Virgin Mary" (a non-alcoholic version of a Bloody Mary, a spicy and savoury drink)
Hibiscus Iced Tea
Sweetened Black Tea
Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
Food
Spicy Bean Soup
Cinnamon+Apple Bundt Cake
Flambé
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Frozen Strawberry+Sunflower Seed Cheesecake
Candied Ginger
Jalapeno and Bacon Flatbread
Fennel and Apple Soup+Fennel Seed Toast

WATER
Drinks
Rose Punch
Cucumber Cocktail
Tea and Watermelon Slushy (variations with and without alcohol included)
Daisy Wine
Bladderwrack Tea
Food
Rose and Almond Ice Cream
Lettuce Wraps
Watercress Salad
Papaya Chicken
Nutmeg and Buttermilk Cookies
Salmon and Avocado Seaweed Rolls (basically sushi without rice)

EARTH
Drinks
Eggnog
Apple Cider
Rosemary Peppercorn Lemonade (this sounds crazy, I'd like to see the results if you try it!)
Hemp Seed Milk
Rhubarb and Rosemary Spritzer
Herbal Tea with Raw Chocolate
Food
Honey Oat Bread
Seed and Grain Loaf (super easy!)
Beef Stroganoff+Rice
Sage, Ricotta and Squash Pasties
Chicken, Corn and Thyme Soup
Sweet Potato Pound Cake

AIR
Drinks
Lavender Lemonade
Mint Hot Chocolate
Nutmeg Milk
Lilac Syrup (for cocktails or as cordial)
Lemongrass and Orange Smoothie
Anise Tea
Food
Meringue (okay, so eggs and sugar aren't usually associated with the air element. However, there's something about a pure, white, crisp and light meringue that rings a bell.)
Dandelion Salad
Plum and Anise Duck Legs
Bamboo Shoots Stir Fry
Peppermint and Chocolate Patties

This list may be edited in the future! Please leave any recipe recommendations in the comments and I'll add them as soon as I can.
Also note that I haven't tried most of these yet, so share your results below and give us a review!
Blessed be! :flyingwitch:
| cerelia | oceania | eclectic wiccan |
Shub Niggurath

Re: Elemental Recipes Masterpost

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Love this topic!
This also reminds me of the chinese 5 elements cooking (no idea what it's called in english, here we call it "Kitchen of the 5 Transformations"). The elements are a bit different (Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, Wood) but I believe you could draw a lot of inspiration from it too. It's like a wheel of the year diet, based on seasons. Thought you might find it interesting ;)

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”