Communicating with a certain spirit.

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
YanaKhan

Communicating with a certain spirit.

Post by YanaKhan »

So, a friend and colleague of mine passed away not too long ago. He was a great person and I loved him dearly. I haven't felt any need to communicate with him or any other spirit for that matter before, but today his grandson came and expressed his desire to take my class. I set him up and told him to come tomorrow and then I felt overwhelming desire to speak to his grandfather. I don't know why and this has never ever happened before. I think my friend wants to tell me something and I don't really know the right way to do it. I mean, I read Sakura's great topic about communicating with spirits and it's going to be of great help, but I have never done anything like this before. So My question is: what is the best way to communicate and should I do it at all? I could try and invite him in for a conversation in a dream (I have asked deities for help in a dream before) or would you suggest a divination first? I don't consider myself very sensitive in terms of talking to spirits, so I don't really know what to expect. And it actually seems quite important, otherwise I don't think I would feel the urge to do it.
I feel very insecure asking this and any help is greatly appreciated.
ness

Re: Communicating with a certain spirit.

Post by ness »

Hi Yana

Since you already know that this is important to your friend, I would say go ahead and do it.
I personally think it is better to go with divination first so the communication can flow both ways. In dreams (at least for me), communication is one way. I have no experience in this but if I had to, I would begin with meditation and setting an invitation to come talk to you.
I am sure other experienced ones have lot of ideas on how you can approach this. I am curious too.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Thank you so much, ness.
I was thinking of doing a Tarot reading, but I didn't feel right doing it and when I went to bed, he actually appeared in my dream and told me something, I just don't remember what. This has happened before, I'm hoping he'll talk to me again and this time I will remember it. Perhaps that's the moment when he can reach me - I've never been quite sensitive about the spirit world.
Today I'll try the meditation method - hopefully it will work.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Hey, Yana! Did it work out? I just happened upon this and I figured I'd pop in. Haha. (: If you need anymore help or would like anymore help if this didn't work out well, just let me know! I don't mind helping at all!

I hope things went well, though!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

No, it didn't. I mean, I haven't seen him in a dream or had any other experiences like the first one after. I'm going to keep trying with meditation and dreams and will post an update whenever there is anything to write about.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yana, you might want to ask for signs too. (: When I need communication and promptly, I ask to be given a sign to show that they are there or if they are able to meet at a certain time as they are busy too!

For example, you might ask "Hey, show me a sunflower if you're able to meet at such and such time, but show me within the next few days". If you leave it open ended, you might wait months before they finally do it. You need to specify an exact time.

I hope it will work out soon!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Yeah, I will try that. I hope it will work. Thanks, Sakura.
The strange thing is, I am trying, like really trying. And the one time I did actually get anything from him was when I wasn't. But anyway, thanks for your help.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That's interesting. Yeah, I would try asking for the symbol and maybe instead of setting up a specific time, perhaps either offer up a time frame instead (i.e. come to me within this amount of time (1 week, a few days, etc.) ) or you could go the route of asking if they even WANT to talk now. They might not want to, you never know!

And no problem. (:

Lillady

Post by Lillady »

When it comes to things such as this I have always found that mediating helps. When I am communicating with a past relative for example that I did not know in this life I will mediate opening the door to come to me and show me signs. I have found that helps. We are all different though on the how, who, why of communicating with certain spirits. I feel that with your continued effort you will get the results (signs) you are looking for. Good luck and Blessed Be.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Thanks, Lil, I will try that too.
I asked him for his guidance and will be listening for his sign not only in my dreams, but it everyday life too. I will also include him in my meditation. Hopefully he'll get through my thick scull and I'll be able to get the message.
Thank you, guys, I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

How about shamanic journeying or shamanic spirit communication? It can be achieved both through meditative and trance states.
One of my friends is a siberian shaman and he's communicating with spirits through shamanic journeying a lot.
Look it up, maybe it's going to work for you.
random417

Post by random417 »

You could try an evocation. The trick with that is to remove the commanding and compelling stuff, as a departed spirit needs to be treated differently than the types of things one usually evokes, without removing the safeguards. Shamanic journeying is probably a better way to go, but just in case I thought I'd offer an alternative
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

These are all great answers, however I would just like to step in and say that perhaps evocation is not something that someone should try if they do not have experiences with contacting spirits. (: As you said, random, there is a trick to it and you need to keep up safeguards as well as a few other things that go into it. It's a great suggestion, and I'm of course just offering my own personal opinion, but I think it would be better served for those a bit more advanced and for beginners to steer clear of evocation in the beginning, as that is where accidents commonly can happen. Of course, this doesn't mean it always happens and is always risky if you've never tried it, but because it has the potential for risk I just wanted to add a disclaimer. Especially because some spirits are tricky and evocation is when they tend to be even trickier, at least in my personal experiences. Haha.

Shamanic journeying is a great suggestion as well, Levitating Cat. (: I find that meditation and Shamanic Journeying tend to cross over quite a bit, so if you were interested in trying that, Yana, I would suggest trying it with meditation first if that feels comfortable to you.

Meditating really is what I usually use, though. Another thing you COULD try, which I think I did mention on my post but I'm not sure, is automatic writing. That's something I usually don't do, as it's hard to distinguish sometimes if it's really a spirit or not. It's just another option I wanted to throw out there! There are tons of good ideas on this thread already. (:

Thanks, Yanan! I'm looking forward to hearing what happens!

YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hey again everyone.
I have an update on communicating with my friend. It wasn't actually my experience and I'm a little worried as of what's gonna happen next.
I've been trying to reach out to him and invite him in a dream, included him in my meditation and asked for an answer and nothing happened. Then last night, my daughter came into our bedroom, shook my arm and said "he said you should watch out for his daughter and not let her get you. He also said you should lower your defenses". Then turned around and went to her room. This morning she didn't remember coming to our bedroom, neither dreaming about anything or saying anything to me. So I got my message, not really the way I wanted it, but yet, I got it. My friend has two daughters who left him all alone and left him to die in poverty. We were helping him as much as we could, but it wasn't enough and we found out he was dead 3 days after he passed away. The message to me means he is quite mad at his daughter for not being there for him. What I'm worried about is getting his message through my little girl. I'm not sure I like it. I really should work on my defenses.
ness

Post by ness »

Wow! That is pretty scary! I am absolutely NOT ok with anyone using my daughter as medium to get to me. I think its completely wrong to use a child that way. I don't care how important of a message he needed to pass or how angry he was with his daughter. I personally would strenghten my defenses and make it very clear that you are very disappointed that he used your daughter and you do not welcome it one bit. If it were me, I would close all channels of communication if this happened but others might feel differently about it.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”