Spell Reversal

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Floyd Pinkerton

Spell Reversal

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

I just finished doing a spell that required me to light a candle. I planned to take the candle back into my room and let it burn out naturally, as I'd read you should do. I had the door shut, and as I went to open the door to get out of my spell room the air from the door blew out my candle.
I've read that blowing out a candle is seen as insulting to the element of fire. I extended my apologies to the element of fire, but will the spell reverse because of this? I relit the candle when I got to my room and am letting it burn out now.
random417

Re: Spell Reversal

Post by random417 »

It happens sometimes. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. For things like this, it comes down to what you believe. I'd say if you relit it, and apologized, you'll be fine.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Usually when people refer to the belief that blowing out a candle is bad, they are referring to blowing it out like you would a birthday candle. A draft of air from shutting the door is just an accident. I think it's sort of a superstition. Sometimes, you've got no choice but to huff and puff, especially if you don't have a candle snuffer. The forces of life and nature around us know what we have and don't have, and even know our intentions, they don't mind if we make mistakes in our spells and rituals now and then. :fairy:
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It really is a matter of personal belief. To be honest, if that happened to me, I would take that as a sign that the spell was ending itself on its own or with the help of the powers I asked to work with me on the spell. (: If you don't feel comfortable with leaving it like that, then of course there are great suggestions on here of what you could do. Apologizing is a good way to show that you didn't mean it, and that it wasn't your intention.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

Thank you guys! The spell hasn't worked yet, but that could be because the subject is incredibly stubborn.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It can honestly take months for a spell to come into play. It's strange how things work sometimes. Haha. Hopefully you'll start seeing something soon. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”