Advice about coming out of the broom closet?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
wish4rain

Advice about coming out of the broom closet?

Post by wish4rain »

My friend is a very conservative Christian and he really wants to know what religion I practice, but I don't want him to freak out at me or shun me when I tell him I'm a witch. He says he won't judge but you and I both know that's impossible. Any advice is welcome.

Blessed be.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advice about coming out of the broom closet?

Post by Firebird »

You could go with the Lutheran approach, and suggest that your relationship with God is between you and God?
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Maybe you could say that you worship the divine in your own way and leave it at that. It's your choice to decide who to share your beliefs with. If you feel uncomfortable telling him, then don't. Not everyone comes out of the broom closet, and that's as valid a decision as coming out. Do what's best for you.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Honesty is the path I always choose in such situations. It might be hard and risky cause it might break the friendship but I believe that friendship deserves honesty at all cost.
If you hide it from him and he will find out eventually it might be even worse - he could feel cheated. And nobody deserves that.

Do what you believe to be the best for you and for him.
If you decide to be honest, try to explain who you really are and what you believe in. If he really cares about your friendship I bet he'll try to look beyond the stereotype and understand you. If not - maybe you were never really meant to be friends ;)

Good luck! <3

Return to “For Everyone”