Key of Solomon and Necronomicon

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
lek

Post by lek »

Alright guys.

Satan, lucifer, whatever you call it, is a liar. The Bible calls him the Father of Lies. Satan will use lies and especially half truths to confuse you and make you follow him. If, and that's a big if, most Satanists genuinely do not believe in Satan, they've been had. They've been lied into their beliefs, but it is odd that the 'relgion' of Satanism's very basis is to mock Christainity. The inverted cross, inverted pentacle for that matter. Satanism seem to take great pleasure in taking religions of peace and love and twisting them.

Now what does that tell you?
lek

Post by lek »

Remember this also....

Satan's greatest victory was in convincing men, that he does not exist.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

you are also talking to a message board that 99% of people here do not believe in satan anyway. :?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
lek

Post by lek »

Wolf wrote:you are also talking to a message board that 99% of people here do not believe in satan anyway. :?
True.....but we were talking about Satanists. As for others who don't believe in Satan...that's none of my business.

That's also why I generally keep my beliefs to myself. I'm here to learn about Wicca....so, I stay open minded and have been very pleasantly surprised by being educated by some very nice people, yourself included.

But, in talking about Satanism, I make no pretenses about what my Christain beliefs tell me.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Fair enough.

Anyway, we've talked about the Necronomicon this whole time, but with no mention of the Key of Solomon. :?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
lek

Post by lek »

Wolf wrote:Fair enough.

Anyway, we've talked about the Necronomicon this whole time, but with no mention of the Key of Solomon. :?
:lol:

Well according to general search I've found, while it's true the only copies of the KOS are from the Middle Ages, they are believed to have been inspired from Jewish Talmudic texts and similar documents which date well on or around 200 AD, maybe even before.

here's a decent link on the topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_of_Solomon

I love Wikipedia
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I use wikipedia all the time. Thats where I get most of my info.

What I mean is, how do we know that it is a valid spellbook with accual "working" talismans and such, when the supposed auther died long before it was written. Though, Lek, this question might just not apply to you since you are only here for research, lol.
---Wolf---

lek

Post by lek »

Hmm....interesting.... :lol:

Though it could be said, that just because the KOS was not written until after it's alleged author died, that doesn't mean that author did not contribute all or most of the material and then another party pulled it together in his name.

Just a theory.

Return to “For Everyone”