Missing Gemstone

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
MoonFlowerMary

Missing Gemstone

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Alright, for the past few months, my gemstone bracelet has been missing. It's a Lapis Lazuli gemstone. After using it, I always place it inside its box on a cabinet shelf and then it vanished! And trust me no body stole it, I turn my house upside down looking for it. Now, I've been reading so much about gemstones in this website. That they're living beings with desires. Could it be possible that it didn't want to stay with me and simply vanished? Can anyone help me? :(
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Zili

Re: Missing Gemstone

Post by Zili »

If it doesn't show back up its possible that its job is done. I've had stones disappear when they feel they have done what they have set out to do.
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Zili wrote:If it doesn't show back up its possible that its job is done. I've had stones disappear when they feel they have done what they have set out to do.
Really? I miss it though :( I mean wouldn't it miss me? I thought gemstones stay with you for life :oops:
Remember me,
Remember it all
Zili

Post by Zili »

You may miss it because its been with you for so long, but no gemstones don't stay for life, if that were true I'd never be able to sell my jewelry because of the gemstones I use in each piece. They move on to the next home after a while if you are the creator or the purchaser/wearer.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Moonflowermary, I saw this and thought ...wow, I lost my lapis lazuli bracelet also...but I know where mine went. We hike out to a hill to do ritual. We have always left water and flowers after the ritual, BUT not always before...UNTIL, many people were loosing stuff. One night it was my bracelet. We began to realize the land was demanding an offering...and if we didn't give....she was just going to take. Sooooooo, now we are very mindful about leaving offerings, in various places along the trail. I don't recall anyone having lost an item since we began that practice, about 9-10 years ago, and we have been going to this place since 1994.
Crazy huh?...just thought I'd share.
anyway...did it ever show up? if not... have you tried dowsing for it?
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

firebirdflys wrote:Hi Moonflowermary, I saw this and thought ...wow, I lost my lapis lazuli bracelet also...but I know where mine went. We hike out to a hill to do ritual. We have always left water and flowers after the ritual, BUT not always before...UNTIL, many people were loosing stuff. One night it was my bracelet. We began to realize the land was demanding an offering...and if we didn't give....she was just going to take. Sooooooo, now we are very mindful about leaving offerings, in various places along the trail. I don't recall anyone having lost an item since we began that practice, about 9-10 years ago, and we have been going to this place since 1994.
Crazy huh?...just thought I'd share.
anyway...did it ever show up? if not... have you tried dowsing for it?
I have to say thank you firebird, for trying to answer my forum topic, I really appreciate it :)
And wow, I have to say I'm amazed at how connected to the earth, where do you live? somewhere near a mountain?
Plus no, it hasn't turned up. It's already a year since it was gone. And it saddens me that it didn't atleast say goodbye :cry:
Anyway, I haven't heard of dowsing, is it the same as scrying?
Btw, have you ever heard of a Gaia stone? I think it's really rare.
Remember me,
Remember it all
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well... dowsing is frequently done to find water, but you can program your rods to look for other stuff. I'm thinking a better way may be a pendulum, with a map of the house or where ever you may have been with it on, then use the pendulum to pin point different places in the house...is it under the desk? in the closet? yes..no... etc...etc...
I'm so sorry you can't find it,... :goblin: maybe like a tragic accident and it slipped into the trash, or somewhere you may never find it... But, I have had things show up after being gone for what seems like, forever. And I have to say, this usually happens after I have let it go...Like, I resolve myself to the fact that it is gone... and, bing! It shows up. There is something to that letting go...
I have seen the Gaia stone, it's a man made stone from the ashes of Mt. St. Helen's volcanic eruption in 1980. A man using his welding torch accidentally discovered it. The lab perfected it. It is real pretty, but I don't know if is is used magically or in healing. I tend to stick to naturally formed rocks but I do have a couple adulterated ones.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Have any of you ever thought that The Fae might be sneaking your things? Now I know some people roll their eyes when someone says " a fairy took it" .. I' promise I'm not a lunatic.. (maybe a little crazy. >__<) but it is known in certain circles they love to take things ...
Maybe do some research on The Fae.. And see what I mean:-)

Blessings, and I truly hope you find your missing stones..
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I agree - the fairies always make off with crystals !!

If you leave them offerings it might return.

Blessings
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

I think either someone around you might be catching your attention by moving the stones; or that they have gone a-visiting. Some crystals do that, you know. I like to call it a visiting stone as this is a new belief that I've discovered recently. I have a fair few selection of crystals, even had a jade crystal under my pillow once for remembering dreams -- not the best crystal to have while memorizing dreams, I know but came back one day from university only to find it was on the middle side of my bed and I hadn't put it there. this is an example as to what I mean by moving crystals or visiting crystals.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”