Binding

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
IndigoBibliothecary

Binding

Post by IndigoBibliothecary »

Greetings, all! I'm hoping this hasn't already answered, but I've attempted to find the answer and couldn't anywhere haha, but about binding spells: are you supposed to undo them or remove the bind after the desired result? I read something on this a while ago but it slipped my mind.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Binding

Post by loona wynd »

IndigoBibliothecary wrote:Greetings, all! I'm hoping this hasn't already answered, but I've attempted to find the answer and couldn't anywhere haha, but about binding spells: are you supposed to undo them or remove the bind after the desired result? I read something on this a while ago but it slipped my mind.
I've never undone any of my binding spells. Most of the people I have found that need to be bound in some manner have behaviors that they have developed for years and often cant really change them as it i part of who they are. I may state in the binding spell that they are bound till the lesson be learned. But typically I bind them in a way where they can't harm me or my loved ones ever again.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

I would have to agree with loona on this one

Unless your like binding your abilities or something like that and decide you finally can use them or understand them or can handle them better then nope
and even then you shouldnt really do that but i say this say if your child has prophetic dreams and they are causing her nightmares and depression and frustrations due to not understanding or being able to use them, so you bind her ability to muffle it so atleast they dont happen as offten till she is older and can better handle them then you would undo it
never undo your binding spells
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Don't undo it / don't touch it

Makes for wonky outcomes ...
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

I guess I'm the black sheep here then, as I have undone binds before, with no issues. HOWEVER, the bind I use is a bit different than your run of the mill, catch-all bind spells. Also, depends what you're binding I suppose. Bottom line, don't bind something unless you absolutely MUST, and even then, if there's a chance you may have the option to unbind it later, then re-consider if you really need to bind it. After all, if you have the thought in your head that it might be something you want to un-do, why do it in the first place. The same could be said for all spells though.
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I never undo when I bind somebody. There is a purpose for the bind and in most cases you do not want that person harming said person again.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Here's one method - from 'Mastering Witchcraft' by Paul Huson.

Perform a ritual which does everything in reverse. Invoke the powers of the air to release the victim. Dig up the spell on a Wednesday while the moon is waxing. Cast a circle, and invoke whichever deity you are using to help you accomplish this, using incense specific to them, etc.

Begin by untying the knots and working outwards, in the reverse sequence you tied them in, with each knot, such as,

By the winds your limbs are freed, by the breath your mouth is opened, by the word your ears are opened,
by the light your eyes are brightened. I conjure thee,
awake, arise; so mote it be!

You can also use your athame to cut through the cords.

Good luck.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”