Gemstone Energies

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
MoonFlowerMary

Gemstone Energies

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

I really want to know how to feel a gemstone's energy/vibration. I hold different kind of stones in my hands and feel nothing but complete coldness. And I think that because of the temperature in my room. I tried putting my non-dominant hand over the stone and I still feel nothing. Is it because that I don't meditate, that's why I don't feel it? Because when it comes to energy, I'm extremely insensitive. And it worries me, because I want to connect with my stones. To see if I'm treating them correctly and knowing that they're not in pain. Will anybody tell me how to become sensitive to gemstone's energies? :cry:

Blessed Be,
Arisa
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
Zili

Post by Zili »

Where did the stones come from? Were they sitting in a bin of other stones (fill a bag type thing)? Did you buy them individually? and Have you cleansed and charged them yet?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gemstone Energies

Post by Firebird »

As Zili said, clean them and charge them. Do this by washing them in some salt water, and then letting them absorb some sunlight (at least an hour)
Maybe some energy sensing exercises will help. Try spreading the stones out on a flat surface. Then briskly rub your hands together 'till they get warmish. Use your receiving hand to hover over the stones. Try doing it with your eyes shut first then open. Did you feel a tingle or a thickness of the air over any areas? When you open your eyes was the sensation in an area where a stone was? Which ones were stronger? which ones tingled or had a different sensation like the thick air? do this a few times. Mix up the stones and see if you get similar sensations from the same stones. Record your findings and keep practicing.
Good Luck! Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

firebirdflys wrote:As Zili said, clean them and charge them. Do this by washing them in some salt water, and then letting them absorb some sunlight (at least an hour)
Maybe some energy sensing exercises will help. Try spreading the stones out on a flat surface. Then briskly rub your hands together 'till they get warmish. Use your receiving hand to hover over the stones. Try doing it with your eyes shut first then open. Did you feel a tingle or a thickness of the air over any areas? When you open your eyes was the sensation in an area where a stone was? Which ones were stronger? which ones tingled or had a different sensation like the thick air? do this a few times. Mix up the stones and see if you get similar sensations from the same stones. Record your findings and keep practicing.
Good Luck! Blessings, Firebird

Yes that is the first thing I do, when receiving them. I use the running water method on them. The gemstones I have so far are clear quartz, rose quartz, amethyst and tiger's eye. And all of them feel cold but when I keep them close to me, they warm up again. I just don't understand this. ::darkmood::
Remember me,
Remember it all
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Rocks by nature are cold, they are not warm blooded. My favorite are hematite because they are so cold. Did you try the energy sensing exercise? You are looking for any kind of different feeling amongst all the rocks, it may be heat...but it more likely to be a tingle, or a thickness in the aura around the stone. FF.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Zili

Post by Zili »

warming up but not searing hot to burn the flesh is the gemstone's energy. also try cleansing them by the moon not running water gemstones are more connected to the moon, more so than to water.
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Thanks guys, but I know how to clease a gemstone and how to charge one. That's all it explains on this site but it seems like no one can tell me how to feel a gemstone's energy. When I hold it, it just feels like a stone to me. I fell asleep with it in my hand to see if it would atleast give me a dream----as a sort of ommunication. But that didn't work either. Maybe I should just give up. ::darkmood::
Remember me,
Remember it all
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This exercise is the best way I know to sense the energy of a stone.
firebirdflys wrote:Maybe some energy sensing exercises will help. Try spreading the stones out on a flat surface. Then briskly rub your hands together 'till they get warmish. Use your receiving hand to hover over the stones. Try doing it with your eyes shut first then open. Did you feel a tingle or a thickness of the air over any areas? When you open your eyes was the sensation in an area where a stone was? Which ones were stronger? which ones tingled or had a different sensation like the thick air? do this a few times. Mix up the stones and see if you get similar sensations from the same stones. Record your findings and keep practicing.
also...I think the 'warmth' you are seeking from the stone, is the way it makes you feel inside. Do any of these stones have a quality you can't quite describe that makes you really really like it? While maybe the other stones are pretty, is there one or two or more of them, you just seem to like more? These may be the stones to work with.
Good Luck! Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
MoonFlowerMary

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

firebirdflys wrote:This exercise is the best way I know to sense the energy of a stone.
firebirdflys wrote:Maybe some energy sensing exercises will help. Try spreading the stones out on a flat surface. Then briskly rub your hands together 'till they get warmish. Use your receiving hand to hover over the stones. Try doing it with your eyes shut first then open. Did you feel a tingle or a thickness of the air over any areas? When you open your eyes was the sensation in an area where a stone was? Which ones were stronger? which ones tingled or had a different sensation like the thick air? do this a few times. Mix up the stones and see if you get similar sensations from the same stones. Record your findings and keep practicing.
also...I think the 'warmth' you are seeking from the stone, is the way it makes you feel inside. Do any of these stones have a quality you can't quite describe that makes you really really like it? While maybe the other stones are pretty, is there one or two or more of them, you just seem to like more? These may be the stones to work with.
Good Luck! Firebird
Firebird, before posting this topic, I've done my research on sensing a gemstone's energy. Your method was mentioned. So yes, I've tried it. But nothing. Absolutely, nothing. I just think that I'm Incredibly insensitive. Is there any way to make me more sensitive to the energies around me?
Remember me,
Remember it all
starlady

Post by starlady »

crystals can (talk)to us by catching our eye,try meditateing holding any,hold the crystal and and ask it to help you in any way it can,see if u sence a tingle,warmth,it could just be your fingers or hand that feels something or it can go into your wrist as well.rose quartz is a lovely calming loveing one,clear quartz is a great one too as it is a all round healer one,sometimes they dont work for me as well,i hope it starts to work for you though keep trying dont give up
PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

MoonFlower, I'm a wandmaker by trade, and I deal with stones on a daily basis. Usually, it's reeeaaalllyyyyy easy for me to sense a gems energy, though there are times where even I can not make out a stones energy pattern. It happens. It does not mean that you're insensitive to energies or anything like that. However, one method that really helps me sense more, is simply opening up your chakras; all of them. Now, different people have a different reaction to stones and gems, and my best advice would be not to expect anything going into it, as you may not have a really strong reaction/sensation from them. The tingling or warmth feeling may happen, but you may be expecting something so much stronger, that you completely overlook it when it does happen. Meditation is another great way to re-connect with nature, and that cannot be stressed enough..

~Phoenix
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

After cleansing them you can do a consecration ritual blessing them with whatever energy you think you may need from them. Then wear or carry them around with you to see if the energy you asked for manifests. Also some but not all are,good for dreams by putting them under your pillow. Do not use or carry Obsidian for to long as it can cause anxiety and obsession. Also if a crystal in any way feels bad or wrong to you don't use it until you have buried it in earth or salt for three days. Also some crystals cannot be put in salt because they corrode or crack to check first before using salt.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”