Tarot spells

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Aimhirghin

Tarot spells

Post by Aimhirghin »

I have been thinking about this all day and decided to ask about Tarot spells.
My interest for spells are growing and i try my best to understand how i should do and what not to do.

My Questions are this:

Does anyone know about tarot spells and how it work
And Have anyone here uses it to cast a spell? Did it work as it is written in the books?

Is there anything i should know about, example how to protect my self against negative energy when i casting spells?

Aimhirghin :flyingwitch:
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Tarot spells

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

If you feel negatively about a spell then maybe don't do it.

I incorporate tarot and oracle cards into spells by choosing cards that tell the story of what I would like to see happen, then laying them out on my altar with any herbs, crystals and carved candles appropriate to that which I am trying to manifest.

You can protect yourself by casting a circle. You can also have general protective measures you use such as keeping your house energetically cleansed using sage and other methods, wearing protective crystals, and removing mundane negative influences from your life, such as bad relationships, drugs, alcohol, and anything else that may allow negative energies to attach to you, metaphysical and literal. Always look after your health and rest when you need to.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Aimhirghin

Post by Aimhirghin »

Thank you Dark Moon.

I am happy for the advice you give me, and i will keep study Witchcraft and one
day i will do my first spell.

Aimhirghin
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

I cast a spell using the sun tarot card. I lit two yellow candles to represent the sun and placed them on each side of the tarot card. I also lit a white candle in honor of the moon as I was working by moonlight. I asked that my life be like the one represented on the sun tarot card and wrote a list of things that I wanted to change in my life in order for me to be living the life I want. I then planted a sun garden (bright, sunny colored flowers) and buried this piece of paper in the garden. The idea being that as my garden starts to bloom, so too will my life start to bloom. I only did this about a month ago and I have already started to see some changes in two areas of my life.
syngerin

Post by syngerin »

I am all for creating your own spells, especially with something so personal as your tarot deck, but if you think you may like to try something already tested, you could read "Tarot Spells" by Janina Renée. (you can find the ebook on http://bookza.org/) I have tried a spell for creativity and one to get back a gift that had been stolen. I don't know about creativity because I have always been creative, but I partially got back what had been stolen, in the sense that I found a copy of it in a store. Not exactly the same thing, but it was okay with me.
But I agree with Dark Moon, you should choose the cards you think are most appropriate for the spell and work out the correspondences for candles, herbs and crystals. That way, the spell is surely going to be more powerful!
Aimhirghin

Post by Aimhirghin »

Thank you Syngerin .

I already do have the book Tarot spells. And i have already read a lot in it.
And i really am happy for all the advice i get here in the forum too.

Aimhirghin
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

I have dedicated certain decks to magical purposes only. At times I have even burned cards. My other decks are for divination and meditation. Tarot cards are great for acquisition or letting go/banishing depending on the lunar energies. They are an excellent visual tool. Major Arcana cards can also be used to represent or invoke deities. They have astrological connections like The Wheel of Fortune being connected to Jupiter or The Empress being connected to Venus.

Return to “Tarot Talk”