Fairly new at this...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mistress Venus

Fairly new at this...

Post by Mistress Venus »

Hello :)
I just FINALLY got my books- Complete book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland and seventy-eight degrees of wisdom by Rachel Pollack to start of with. Do you guys think these are good books? Thought, opinions, anything? Thank you! I am also looking for a book that can teach e to better attune to my spirituality if you have any suggestion :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fairly new at this...

Post by Firebird »

The complete book of Witchcraft is a good book for getting a general base of Witchcraft. Do the lessons at the end to see if you really understood the chapters! The other book I am not familiar with.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I'd also second Raymond Bucklands book as a good starting point.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Klia

Post by Klia »

I personally love Silver Ravenwolf's Solitary Witch book. Even though she's not my favorite author or overall person ha, this book is such a great reference for anything Wicca.

Then I would recommend Wicca: The complete Craft by DJ Conway. This is another excellent reference style book. Both of these are easy reads.

Right now I am readying Earth Magic by Marion Weinstein and I love this one too! It's short and simple and to the point! Definitely recommend it. The author talks to you like she's in the room with you and it's definitely more of a spiritual book than the magick/spell aspect most books go into.

http://www.amazon.com/Solitary-Witch-Ul ... tary+witch
http://www.amazon.com/Wicca-Complete-Cr ... +dj+conway
http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Magic-revis ... arth+magic
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
random417

Post by random417 »

Uncle Bucky (Buckland) is great, although it was written quite a while ago, and as much as I don't like most of her other stuff, and also hate to admit it, Solitary Witch is actually pretty good.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

The Rachel Pollack book is actually more focused on tarot cards and the meanings of each card. It was the first book that I bought when learning about tarot, and it is fantastic. Although there are a few references to spirituality and witchcraft, I wouldn't say that it is a particularly good book to start with when learning about magic. It really is more focused on tarot.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”