Botswana Agate

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Philomena

Botswana Agate

Post by Philomena »

I think this is a very 'unpopular' or 'overlooked' stone and is personally mine of chose. Not only is it the stone of my deity, but its specific benefits are something a lot of people can use. Here is some extra information regarding this beautiful stone-

Botswana agate is sometimes called the "change stone" because of its mystical property of helping one handle change in a positive way. It is said to gently help one make transitions of any kind in a way that change is not as difficult or painful as could be without it; it is a comforting stone. Carrying a bit of Botswana agate in your pocket is said to help one cope easily with the minor changes that life throws at us daily.

Relief from depression and/or grief is another metaphysical energy of Botswana agate. It is said to help us focus on solutions instead of problems, and thereby increases creativity, as well as increasing the power of one's intuition. Botswana agate is noted in crystal healing to be helpful in overcoming addictions and other self-destructive compulsive behavior patterns, as well as dealing with repressed emotional issues. As a success stone, it is said to help one achieve and cope with success. It is also a stone of sensuality. In crystal healing it is said to be beneficial to the nervous system and can help rid the body of toxins, as well as help in the healing of broken bones.

That is all! This stone brings me much comfort and is just something I wanted to share :)
North Star

Re: Botswana Agate

Post by North Star »

I just bought some of these stones today. They are really pretty and some have very interesting markings. I love the pink and gray tones. They kind of remind me of a moonstone.

I am lucky enough to have a beautiful 'rock shop' just around the corner for my house (it is amazing, I could spend hours in there). Once in a while something draws me, something new and unexpected. Today it was the botswana agates that got me. I was not familiar with this stone at all, but I remembered seeing a post here about them. Now reading the info you shared, I can see not only are they pretty, but a stone I could really benefit from right now.

Thanks so much for sharing. :)
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Wow these are really beautiful thanks for sharing.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
North Star

Post by North Star »

Here are the botswana agate stones I picked. My favorite is the one that is almost solid pink, a very lush color, it was the first one I chose.The others have very interesting markings.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”