Azriel's Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
azriel

Azriel's Altar

Post by azriel »

As I have been transitioning myself to my new calling I have reorganized my altar to allow me the ability to work on my spirituality and spell-crafting, and to honor the elements and my deities.

The altar cloth contains symbols representing the various archaeological sites in México and contains various bright colors; the primary ones to be exact.

I have five candles to represent the five elements, where the four physical elements also represent my four patron deities. On each candle is the name of my deity inscribed in their ancient script. On the white candle, for the spirit, I drew the classic pentagram.

I have an egg-shaped obsidian stone to help protect my altar and myself from negative energies in the yellow skull in the center of my altar. My "cauldron" is a tiny cup of wood that I use to help prepare ingredients.

My wand is from a tree where I go to school and my athame is a deer ulna. Deer ulna naturally form a knife shape and have a perfect grip. Going on many surveys in the woods I am able to find various bones which I clean with normal water and then lay them out in the sun. I do not like to clean with chemicals.

Due to my work as an archaeologist and studies as a forensic anthropologist I can see the beauty in bones and death which is why I have so many skulls. The statue behind the blue candle is Mictlantecuhtli, the Aztec God of the Underworld and he, along with other deities that I honor (not my patrons), are there to guide me in my work. Behind the green candle is Fauno and he is there because I have always felt a connection to him. The moment I laid my eyes on him I fell in love. For me he represents the fine line between good and bad, depending on the situation and context. I believe that along with the balance of the elements in oneself, there is also good and bad. To accept that fact allows one to not only see the beauty beyond the façade but allows for self acceptance. Next to the red candle I have a statue of Thoth, to help me with my studies, and Anubis next to the yellow candle, to remind me to honor the dead with the same respect as I give to the living. I also have a statue of Quetzalcoatl, a creator god for many MesoAmerican cultures but he is also a mediator between the world of the living and the world of the dead.

I know that there is a lot more I need to learn but I hope that from here on I will continue moving forward and evolving within the craft!

Blessed Be,
Azriel
^-^~
Attachments
Athame
Athame
phpXwNHQTPM.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
First Altar
First Altar
phpN5XEMtPM.jpg (35.85 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
dreadedpsychopomp

Re: Azriel's Altar

Post by dreadedpsychopomp »

Beautiful for both the aesthetics and the meaning and purpose in every part of it. :)
azriel

Post by azriel »

Thank you! I thought for a long time about what is important to me and how I could reflect that in my altar!

Blessed Be,
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It looks like you've got a spectacular view to go with your beautiful altar.

Return to “Altar Pictures”