i need help writing a tick banishing spell...

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
valerian moon

i need help writing a tick banishing spell...

Post by valerian moon »

I have FOUR DOGS.
two of them are FLUFFY BEYOND BELIEF.
it started with a few, but now it's a full blown infestation, in every room of the house. even my room, and I stopped letting the dogs in my room since the very first tick!
I wanted to write my own spell to keep ticks away and banish the existing ones, but I need a little help. I know I will need a brown candle, but what else, and what should I say? :anxious:
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
frozenlight

Re: i need help writing a tick banishing spell...

Post by frozenlight »

Give me some time, i will see what i can rhyme up with. I hope you are using proper treatment firstly though! And cleaning down your whole house and spraying it with whatever. I remember reading somewhere certain herbs keep away little bugs such as this. Maybe you can try researching this also; if you don't want to grow herbs just burning the essential oil in a burner could give your puppies some relief. Anyways, when i have something i will post it for you.

FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 810AArzmr1

See answer 1. This person seems to know what oils can be used as a spray in your house. CHECK WITH VET ABOUT USING AS A TOPICAL ON YOUR DOGS. Personally, i wouldn't spray it onto my dog whether the vet said it was ok or not. If my dog cant say "yes it's ok Lee i dont mind" then i won't assume. But definitely clean down your house due to eggs and such.

http://www.starfirescircle.com/Animal_h ... spells.txt

I will be honest im not very good with animal magick. This page intrigues me though and i wanted to share it because of its section on Gypsie herb treatments for horses. Sorry it is off topic. I will work on a chant for you.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Ok, I have something you could say. It asks Diana to help with this, as dogs are her sacred animal. You may substitute the name for whatever you wish (i personally only used Diana as I know a lot of craft-orientated people worship a god/dess; you could always remove this aspect completely). As to what to use ingredients-wise there is lots of information available online. You need to gather them and see what feels right to you (and what your dogs respond well to!). Anyway, i hope this helps inspire you on what to write:

Diana, Lady of the wild,
Hearken now and hear your child.
By the light of the moon,
On this night I ask this boon.
Cleanse my home and those within,
Protect them from those that bite and take from skin.
Banish them from my beautiful family,
As I will it, so shall it be.

These are your dogs. Your love. Your words will be far more powerful than my own. Best of luck.

FL
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Hey there!

Besides spellwork, have you already tried any products to help get rid of ticks? I'm not sure what your stance is on using chemicals or natural alternatives...

Are you doing any of these things to help that's described in this Link?

I know a lot of people who have used Advantix to help get rid of ticks and fleas on their dogs. It's a bit pricey though. :shock:

My family has used Diatomaceous Earth to help get rid of fleas and ticks on the animals (which is a natural alternative). You can also use it on your yard and sprinkle it onto your carpets. Let it sit for a day or two then vacuum it up and reapply and repeat. The only thing you have to be careful about this stuff is to not inhale it as your sprinkling it onto the carpets of your home or pet. DE is safe for your dogs to ingest (and a lot of people put this in homemade toothpaste) and will prevent internal parasites too.

This stuff can also be sprinkled onto your pet. You'd sprinkle it on then use a brush to help get it to there skin. Another thing to note, that when this stuff is in your pets hair it kinda makes your hands feel funny (like dry or how ivory soap makes ya feel like) after you're done petting them. We've had much success with it... Amazon has some different size bags of it.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

thanks for the replies, yes we check them for ticks every day, and we use diatomaceous earth on every carpet in the house. but they still keep showing up where they shouldn't be, such as the computer desk (i'm scared typing this over here right now!) in beds, on people, in clothes, on dogs, on legs, and more than anywhere else, in or near the bathroom on the floor. and since two of the dogs have very thick coats of fur (we can't afford to get them shaved, although it would benefit them in more ways than one) it's very hard to check thoroughly.
(and alura, that's a very good link, but the house is pretty much tick-proofed, so i don't understand how they can find a nice habitat here. maybe because of the weight of the dogs? three of them are overweight.)
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Hmmm... Have you tried sprinkling the stuff in your yard too? I bet it's hard to check them very well if they have a lot of hair. My family had 6 pomeranians... Was a nightmare if they got fleas or ticks.

I wonder if limiting them to say, the living room and outside, would help to get the problem so where it was manageable? I also wonder if there is something that you could spray onto places where you're noticing them at that would kill them?

I'm going over to my parent's house in a day or so and ask them what all they did when stuff like this happened. Maybe they will know something that would help you out.

Return to “Animals and Pets”