My First Altar! =)

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
AmethystRayne

My First Altar! =)

Post by AmethystRayne »

ImageImage Image

So, maybe I went a bit overboard (and please let me know if something seems to be in the wrong spot!). This is my marble top "nightstand" next to my bed, so most of this stuff was already on it, it's just organized into the elements and I've added an altar cloth (aka my sarong lol).

Right now, I have an antique white toothpick holder representing the Goddess, and a tall, pointy, rose quartz representing the God (since it's all phallic looking and all). To the left of the goddess, I have my glass Goddess tarot box my hubby got me for Christmas a few years ago, holding Tarot of the Pagan Cats (I think I've finally found a purpose for that deck!)

In the middle, I put my cauldron on top of a wooden bowl that has all the zodiac signs on it, which holds all my stones and my pendulum. All that has to be within reach for me, so I just stacked everything to make it work. I like to be able to grab my stones and my cauldron from my bed...my cauldron has sage in it and I like to randomly light a piece when I'm stressed or need to cleanse something.

So yeah...this is my first altar! Yay!
AnnaKaterina

Re: My First Altar! =)

Post by AnnaKaterina »

Very nice dear ;)
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

Very pretty! It's only going overboard if YOU feel it's crowded. I think it looks lovely.
AmethystRayne

Post by AmethystRayne »

Thanks! :) I think I may take away the cone incense pot to balance things out a bit. It makes air look more fuller than the other elements. I have some of that crayola air dry clay...I could make a dish out of but I'm not sure if it would tolerate cone incense?
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It looks nice. :) I don't think you've gone overboard at all. I like your zodiac bowl. :)
AmethystRayne

Post by AmethystRayne »

Thanks! I found it at a yard sale last year and thought it'd be perfect to hold my stones!

I also found a small cone incense holder today, so it'll replace that big chunky thing I've got there now!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Amethyst, I would mention if you are concerned about the heat from the cone incense,...put a little dirt or sand in the bottom of the bowl and or a heat pad under the bowl.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Shadow Riverlark

Post by Shadow Riverlark »

It looks so pretty! Very nice job. :flyingwitch:
AmethystRayne

Post by AmethystRayne »

Thanks for the tip firebird! I've been wanting to gather some sand from the beach, so that would be perfect! :)

Thanks Aria! I spent hours trying to figure out what I wanted on there and how to organize it! My wooden bowl with all my crystals threw me off a bit bc they have to be next to me lol

Return to “Altar Pictures”