Dogwood Wand

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Pinkpower_80

Dogwood Wand

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

So I've been outside tonight looking for a wand. I asked the Goddess for guidance in finding the right one for me.
I was looking on the ground for limbs that had fallen. Mainly because I'm too short to reach the ones still on the trees lol, also though because I didn't want to cause harm to the tree by ripping limbs off to see what suits my needs just because I can, if that makes sense.
Anyway, I was drawn to a specific area so I followed my heart. I looked down & there lay a small, beautiful Dogwood limb. It was like it was calling my name! At first I wasn't sure what kind it was but my bf confirmed it to me.
Then I read up on them & it seems perfect for me! Dogwood is said to represent protection & secrets. It is also an air element.
Here is a quick page I found about it. I hope it's ok that I post this link here. If not feel free to remove it. :flyingwitch:
http://magicklight.net/cgi-bin/p/awtp-c ... page=20000
QueenVictoria

Re: Dogwood Wand

Post by QueenVictoria »

That's awesome. I'm happy for you. That's cool you know what kind of wood it is and could look it up. I have a wand I made from a stick I found in the forest, but I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. I carved a pentagram on it and affixed a quarts crystal to the tip.
Namaste
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I can't wait to personalize it. I haven't had a chance to yet but I may get to this evening. I bet yours is beautiful. :flyingwitch:
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:I asked the Goddess for guidance in finding the right one for me...
Anyway, I was drawn to a specific area so I followed my heart.
I LOVE stories like this.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

DPhoenix wrote:
Pinkpower_80 wrote:I asked the Goddess for guidance in finding the right one for me...
Anyway, I was drawn to a specific area so I followed my heart.
I LOVE stories like this.
Me too! To me it's proof that magick exists & The Goddess hears me and I feel like I'm on the right path.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's a beautiful story. I'm glad you found the right stick for your wand. :)

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”