Alabaster

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Bellia_Arian

Alabaster

Post by Bellia_Arian »

I have a heavy red Alabaster heart...fits in the palm of your hand. Is Alabaster used for anything?
"Let your courage mount with difficulties.
There would be no will if there were no resistance."
Moonstone Ivy

Re: Alabaster

Post by Moonstone Ivy »

Alabaster is a drawing stone. Apparantly it is good at drawing things to you and drawing negative things away from you. Hope that helps.
Bellia_Arian

Post by Bellia_Arian »

Thank you for the reply! Can it be used in a spell?
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

All crystals can be used in spells. You use corresponding crystals to amplify your magick. They're of good use in charms and can be used over and over again just so you cleanse them.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Bellia_Arian

Post by Bellia_Arian »

Thanks you both for the help, I'm going to soak it for a hour and then when we get some sun light lol I'll charge it that way. Its been so cold and not much sunlight, always looks like its going to snow! I'm a warm weather person lol..
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Alabaster is generally White, if you have red, it may have been dyed, the red variety is more of a deep orange. Alabaster is a form of either calcium carbonate or calcium sulfate. Water is not alabaster's best friend. It's like a 3 on the mohs scale, meaning it is a very soft stone and easily carved, so it is readily used in sculpture.

Hi Eva, alabaster is a relatively common stone to use in lamps, I have an antique alabaster lamp from Romania in an urn shape, but this is the body of the lamp they also use alabaster for lamp shades too. They absorb negative energy and are a great stone to have in the house.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”