Is this a type of witchcraft or magic?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Kyrianna

Is this a type of witchcraft or magic?

Post by Kyrianna »

I was looking at the different types of witchcraft and magic when I stumbled upon chaos magic. I then started wondering if perhaps there is a type of magic that deals solely with heightened arousal (if you catch my drift), seeing as how that's the only time my desires or wishes become a reality, so to say. Made me curious. Anything you have to contribute would be greatly appreciated.
Faerie_witch

Re: Is this a type of witchcraft or magic?

Post by Faerie_witch »

I don't know much about that, but just the other day I was at a resale shop and found a book about sexual magick. I can't remember the name of the author and I didn't buy it, but I do know that it is out there. Also look into Tantra, which is about developing energy and heightening senses between partners... This is all I know, so hope it helps!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I think this is really 2 separate questions, because at least what I've seen of chaos magic is not really the same as the sex magic that you're talking about (correct me if I'm wrong, though, forum members!) But sex magic of course can be very potent; many cultures have previously believed that erotic energy is divine and a powerful creative force. As the Charge of the Goddess says, "All acts of love and pleasure are My rituals." I have not personally done any, but I'm sure one could get really creative with it (I hadn't thought of trying to incorporate wish magic into it before!)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao Rong wrote:I think this is really 2 separate questions, because at least what I've seen of chaos magic is not really the same as the sex magic that you're talking about (correct me if I'm wrong, though, forum members!)
In my opinion, you're right.

North Star

Post by North Star »

I am just looking deeper into this myself... thought I would share. I don't personally know much on chaos magick...

This is from notes on Wiccan Mysteries:

Some notes on sexual magick in ancient teachings...

"Witchcraft does not need to apologize for involving sex magic. It is other religions which need to apologize for the miseries of puritanical repression they have inflicted on humanity" - Doreen Valiente, Witchcraft for Tomorrow

•The ancient moon Goddess is associated with sexual love not associated with marriage. In mythology, no man can influence the conduct of a moon Goddess; she rules over her own nature and does not compromise as one would in a love relationship such as marriage.

•In ancient times, sexual energy was the most powerful energy that humans could experience through their own physical senses. In the Mystery Tradition, this aspect of magick involves the use of sexual energy as a source of power.

•According to the Mystery Teachings, when a couple is united in sexual union a composite energy feild is formed...this energy is a harmonic blend of the individuals own auras. This creates a meta-physical response and a vortex of energy begins to swirl above the individuals. In some aspects this is not unlike the cone of power raised in a magickal ritual setting. Souls awaiting rebirth, whose own vibrations are harmonious to the energy of the vortex, are drawn into its current and thus into the auras of the sexual participants.

Notes and some links from Wiccan Mysteries in my BoS http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p176926

Some others links I found interesting on the subject :
"Sexual contact with spiritual entities gets us in contact with the seemingly intangible divinity, yet we find through sexuality that divinity is also within. Through solo, dual, or group sexual experiences, we find the divine within the participants, seeing the gods within humanity, and find our own inner divine spark. Through finding this spark, we have epiphanies and spiritual revelations that transform our lives."
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1037

A few books of the subject of sex magick you can look at here, something may interest you:
http://www.llewellyn.com/browse_categor ... ory_id=135
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Chaos magic does use sexual means as one technique to achieve states of gnosis necessary for magic... And sexual fluids may be used in combination with sigil magic which is used in chaos magic and also other forms of high magic.

Organisations such as the OTO use sex magic in the higher orders ... Its use really comes from India and Tibet in the East, and Kabbala in the west.

It's use in magic is broken down into 3 areas -
Thought control - via mental manifestation
Inner alchemy - eg tantric yoga
Outer alchemy - sexual fluids magically charged to achieve a goal eg chaos magic
I am that which is attained at the end of desire

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”