Any jewelers here?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Skyleaf

Any jewelers here?

Post by Skyleaf »

I think this is the right place to put this. I started a couple of years ago to make my own jewelry, mainly stringing necklaces and making earrings. I work a lot with gemstones and Swarovski crystals. I'm going to get into wirework and chain mail. I'm reading a couple of books about it. Although I haven't yet, I really want to start making some Craft type jewelry: rings, pendants, etc.
Zili

Re: Any jewelers here?

Post by Zili »

I am a wire jewelry artist :)

A few suggestions when you get started go for the "free ideas" pages at the craft stores they help as you learn the basics and later on serve as inspiration when you get stuck. Also you don't have to buy the expensive craft wire at a craft store walmart has 20 gauge and 24 gauge wires in silver and that same silver coated with a gold looking plating (these are not real gold and silver though but good for practice.) working with gemstones or glass beads even shells invest in a good set of tools Hobby Lobby and Walmart have a tool kit that looks like a small black book with a zipper on the side it has everything you need including a bead reamer. Sometimes bead holes are just a tiny bit too small for the wire you're using so it helps to have that bead reamer.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”