crystal energy

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
EmberWolf

crystal energy

Post by EmberWolf »

Merry meet! My mother, who converted to Christianity two years ago, had a crystal ball she always worked with. After she converted, she destroyed everything related to the Craft, including that crystal ball, which she had my brother throw against the side if our house to break it into little pieces. Yesterday, I found a piece of the crystal ball in our yard, and I was wondering if the energy in the crystal could've stayed in it, what with being broken and left for two years, and if I should recharge it or not.
I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to Nature, Art:
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart.
Kassandra

Re: crystal energy

Post by Kassandra »

Why resurrect a past that your mother has left behind? If she sees the shard now and figures out what it is, you already know it would greatly offend her Christian sensibilities. And if you're worried about the crystal itself, its energy doesn't "die," nothing does. All energy constantly changes form, constantly transmutes. So you don't have to worry about "saving" it, "recharging" it, etc.

I say give the past its due burial (literally and figuratively --I would bury the crystal shard in the Earth somewhere), then, let it all go.

Maybe someone else has some suggestions...

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

My view is that the piece of crystal found its way back to you so you are meant to have it.

I personally would keep it.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This is a tuff one, I like what Kassandra said on many levels, however in the back of my mind I'm wondering if it is really a "crystal" crystal ball or a glass one, or a leaded glass crystal....regardless, they are all elements that are of the earth, and return is good, but lead is not. I'm also thinking any energy that was connected to the ball,... belonged to your mother. If it is a glass ball...then me thinks it is just a piece of glass with memories attached. To keep it as a memento might be nice provided she doesn't know, are you ok with that?
Kassandra...Dark Moon...You gals give great advise (thanks for being here) :flyingwitch:
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Thanks for having me girls, you are all so inspirational to me personally. Everyone here gives great advice. It takes courage to follow ones own path, and its nice to see so many people doing just that ... Sometimes it's as simple as one foot in front of the other.

Blessings !
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:Kassandra...Dark Moon...You gals give great advise (thanks for being here) :flyingwitch: Blessings, Firebird
Thank you, and same to you, firebird. Who knows, Mom might come clamoring back to paganism with a really bad Jesus hangover...hehe, maybe you should hang onto that crystal, EmberWolf.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

[second time I've done this today. ugh]
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Lol@ bad Jesus hangover.....
EmberWolf

Post by EmberWolf »

Thanks girls, I've decided to keep the crystal. And I do believe it's a real crystal ball, Firebird, but I could be wrong. Blessed be!
I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to Nature, Art:
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”