Clear quartz

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Purple star

Clear quartz

Post by Purple star »

Hi, I am looking at putting together a mojo/charm bag with herbs to help open my 3rd eye and I wondered if putting in a clear quartz would help this amplify the herbs energy, would this damage the stone, is there a better stone to use. Any advice would be great. Thanks
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Clear quartz

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yes quartz crystal will work fine. Charge with green light.

Atacamite is the one I know that is the most powerful for this purpose. If you hold it you can immediately feel this quality about it.

I personally use kyanite, amethyst.

I have read that you can also use lapis lazuli and labradorite.

I don't think moonstone traditionally has that property but from personal experience, if you wear it long enough, it does help open your 3rd eye. In my experience working with crystals, they have general properties but they have specific effects person to person depending on how you resonate with the stone, much like people have different reactions/responses to specific medicines.

Blessings
Dark Moon

There are some fun 3rd eye meditations on utube.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Purple star wrote:Hi, I am looking at putting together a mojo/charm bag with herbs to help open my 3rd eye...Any advice would be great. Thanks
Clear quartz is an excellent addition to the bag. I find Azurite to be great for the 3rd eye chakra. It doesn't hold up well in a medicine bag (what I call them), however. It's very delicate and crumbly.

-Dark-Moon- wrote:...crystals...have general properties but they have specific effects person to person depending on how you resonate with the stone, much like people have different reactions/responses to specific medicines.
Quite so. That's why, Purple star, while recommendations are fine, ultimately what works for you may be all, or none, of what anyone recommends to you. You really just have to rely on the findings you discover while experimenting in the laboratory of your own energy field, which takes time.

raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Personally I alternate among many different crystals to work with my third eye. I've used sodalite, selenite, amethyst, moonstone, and lapis lazuli. I know clear quartz and many others are great for the third eye. They all work great. I would have to add...if you are trying to open your third eye chakra to increase your psychic abilities, that is a great start. However, the third eye chakra is associated mainly with the psychic gift of clairvoyance. If you wish to develop your clairsentience, you would work with your sacral chakra. If you want to develop your clairaudience, work with your throat chakra. And if you wish to develop your claircognizance, work with your crown chakra. Of course, work with your third eye chakra as well because it governs your intuition. Let me know if you would like crystal suggestions for the other chakras! :)
Bright blessings!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Purple star

Post by Purple star »

Thank you all for your help. I think I will sit with my stones and let the stones guide me. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Purple star wrote:...I think I will sit with my stones and let the stones guide me. I'll keep you posted...
A wise woman, indeed! Yes, keep us posted.

It's good you want to work with your existing stones. If you find you want new stones to work with on this, you know what's fun? Go to a metaphysical store near you. On your way there, mentally let your guides know your intention is to find stones that enhance 3rd eye development. Also, send a thought out to the stones themselves. Then, at the store, "let the stones guide" you there, as well.

It's really fun working with stones. Slowly pass your hands over the bins of stones, with your eyes open or closed. Stop at the one(s) that seem to pull at your hand, and seem to want you to pick it/them up, or that have a color/design that seems to stand out to you for some reason. When you pick it up, hold it and close your eyes. What is its energy "saying" to you?

Also, at the store you may or may not experience synchronicitous events, like you may meet someone who just happens to start talking to you about 3rd eye stones without even knowing your intentions, or you may overhear people having a conversation about just that topic, or you may see a flyer for a workshop about that.

I love to let "accidents" happen like that. :wink: Just a thought.

Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Personally I prefer using lapis lazuli and labradorite for opening my third eye. Not saying everyone else's answer's are wrong because they most certainly are not. Crystals help us individually, what works for one may not work as good or may work even better for another. The best thing you can try doing is asking your crystals if you decide you are still unsure. They will let you know what is the best way for you. Good Luck and Blessed Be.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”