The Movie Hansel and Gretel

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I just saw a trailer on this movie and the billboards were up like the same day. Just as other movies in the past have shed a negative idea on the craft of the wise; ie...Witches... now here is one about killing Witches. Media makes crazy frenzy that isn't in the best interest of the public. What if there were a movie about slaying black people or Native Americans etc...etc...??? We all saw what happened in Aurora Co. when the new Batmen came out last year. Sure...first amendment and all that, but where the heck do you draw the line? Can't those in control of this kind of media act more responsibly? Is this really entertainment? I am not a fan of on-line killing games either, what on earth do you think that primes one to do? And then there is desensitization, do you really need such blunt graphics to get the idea? I mean "Psycho" was enough to scare the pants off most people, and I haven't partook in a horror film since "The Shining" and "Predator"...those were plenty graphic for me ...no one freaking cares....Heads are rolling and that's cool????? Where does love begin and all this hatred and killing end? This is really making me sick, angry and sad,....when is everyone going to get it???
I don't know proper protocol for protest on a matter such as this...and then I worry...who will act out because they saw this movie?
Firebird ::darkmood::
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: The Movie Hansel and Gretel

Post by SnowCat »

One of the reasons I came out of the broom closet was to undermine the stereotyping of witches. Our best defense is to show the world who we really are. Intelligent and caring people.

On the subject of fairy tales though, I'm considering writing one about my family. "Snow Cat and the Six Dwarfs." Angry, Scary, Dorky, Bratty, Bossy, and Cutie.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
SylverSparro

Post by SylverSparro »

I watched the movie. They only hinted witches who practiced dark magic. Grettel is a witch herself and so was their mother. Along with hansel's gf or w/e she is in the movie. So I'm not trying to sound mean but maybe watch the movie before you make assumptions on it. Moral of the story is good prevails over evil.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Ok I was pretty open to it but now I am not sure. "Good" witches hunting "dark" witches, not sure I like that idea.
WhiteDusk

Post by WhiteDusk »

I am actually looking forward to seeing it, and really don't see a reason to get all worked up over what is just a movie.
Yearh, the media will always have someone they rant about, especially the conservative media, but we already knew that. If they want to rant about wiccans or witches they are gonna do it with or without this movie. :wink:
Instead of seeing this as a praise to murdering witches, you should see it for what it is, an action movie.

And about the killing part, well.. it's fair to not like movies that is very centered around killing... but then just ignore them. This might sound terrible in your ears, but I like a bit of violence in my movies, with crossbows, swords and loads of fighting, and so does a lot of people, thats the reason why that kind of movies are made. Not to make people in the real world go slaughter their local wiccan coven... And when are people gonna get it? probably never, since they will always be human, and violence is a part of our primal instricts.. i'm not saying that it is a good thing, being violent, but well.. this is my.. somewhat messy written opinion xD
Artie

Post by Artie »

I got pretty offended when I heard about the concept too.
But I saw the movie last weekend, and it was completely badass; I enjoyed it!
Plus, some of the witches are good, too.
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
WiccanWanderlust

Post by WiccanWanderlust »

I saw the movie today, I liked it a lot (and not just because im a ridiculously obsessed Jeremy renner fan!) I thought some parts were rather cheesy, but over all the thought it was a good movie!
SylverSparro

Post by SylverSparro »

WiccanWanderlust wrote:I saw the movie today, I liked it a lot (and not just because im a ridiculously obsessed Jeremy renner fan!) I thought some parts were rather cheesy, but over all the thought it was a good movie!
Like the sexy scene. Pretty stupid and no relevance to the movie.
Moonface

Post by Moonface »

Thought it was amazing. I like how they show good and bad.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:...Just as other movies in the past have shed a negative idea on the craft of the wise; ie...Witches... now here is one about killing Witches. ...Is this really entertainment?... And then there is desensitization, do you really need such blunt graphics to get the idea? ...Heads are rolling and that's cool????? Where does love begin and all this hatred and killing end? This is really making me sick, angry and sad
Watched it with someone who rented it a couple weeks ago. I totally see what you mean. Made me want to puke. So did "Oz," which I watched with others, as well (no way would I spend my own money on crap like this, but if someone rents it and invites me, I'll check it out --though, now I wish I hadn't, lol).

Witchcraft doesn't deserve to be treated like this, no one's spiritual path does. There's enough total misunderstanding, ignorance, about such topics out there already, as it is. In my opinion, witches who support this kind of garbage, who somehow think this is cool, don't "get it" and in the long run do THEMSELVES a great disservice in a major, major way, though they might not understand why that is right now and choose to follow along with the rest of the sheeple out there.

That was just my impression and knee-jerk reaction. It's not intended to offend anyone's choices or likes (and sorry for the run-on sentences, haha).

Verdict: 2 thumbs down.

Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

It was really horrible. Guns, high tech weapons, bad witches killed kids and turned ugly. Acting was bad, story was bad. Someone must have thought it was easy money. It was also very graphically violent. As much blood and guts as a horror movie. The only thing I did like was the brooms and the troll.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

I hadnt really thought about it that way. Mostly i just had a crush on the leading lady.... and the actiom was pretty cool. But when you put it that way its kind of out of line.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”