Wiccan Churches

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
raynelae

Wiccan Churches

Post by raynelae »

Has anyone ever gone to a Wiccan church? If so, what was it like? I've found one near me and I'm quite curious.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
whisperingMaiden

Re: Wiccan Churches

Post by whisperingMaiden »

Not much different then a coven really.The schedule for rituals and events for everyone who joined.Its really exactly like a coven except more open in the public.I think if you are truly are ready and or interested go ahead.I haven't found one near me so you should check it out,it sounds like a neat experience.
The empty void in us,can be filled with a little magic.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Ray, are you talking like a physical building somewhere? with regular services?
My Coven is a 501 c3 in the state of California, and when we started, it was the word we used when we incorporated...."Church" sounded more legit than the Dancers under the Moon...or whatever. We hold regular services, but not really on a drop-in basis. We still like to meet a potential "coven-er" first.
Let us know what you find out, I would be very interested. BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Well...I've found out some information. I think the church is more of a very large open group. They have some Sabbat rituals. I don't think they really celebrate inside of a physical building (I hope not, as the Earth is my church!) I think it's mainly outside. I really don't have that much information yet but I'll share when I find out :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

We have a Goddess temple with rituals much like the Wiccan ones only Goddess centered, other than that there are a few 'set altars' where wiccans gather but those are for coven use only and are usually left hidden for solitaries.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Thanks for your personal information, AutumnMaidens. I'm interested to see what I find out. Hopefully I'll be visiting the church within a few years :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”