Mirror Magick

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Jasper

Mirror Magick

Post by Jasper »

Has anyone here worked with mirror magick and if so do u have any recommendations as far as how to start with it or books to read.

please any information will help, this topic is very interesting to me.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mirror Magick

Post by Firebird »

Geez I don't know of a book offhand, But I say experiment with the mirror. Gaze into it by candle light and note your findings. We did a couple rituals where folks had to go into a dark place and then the mirror was revealed to them, and they were left alone to contemplate what they saw. We have also used a mirror on the ground to kinda "draw down the moon" and then get yourself in the right position for viewing and it appears as though the moon is on the earth ( a bowl of water works well for this too) and this ever popular ritual component..., presenting the mirror at eye level facing a young dedicant and declaring...Thou art God/ Goddess. Let me know what you find out I would be interested in your observations. Good Luck! Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I know that to make a magick mirror you need a round (preffered) mirror and paint it's back black than cleanse it and charge it in moonlight for three days. After that you need to hang it on the wall and cover it with black cloth. You can use it for moon gazing and summoning visions.
I use mirrors alot. I use them to ground and the calm myself etc.

To start out you can place a candle on top of a mirror and look at the flame through the mirror and you might get a vision. Another thing you can do is when you become emotional you should look into a mirror and concentrate on your eyes and the emotion will just ebb away.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Ula

Post by Ula »

You don't have to use mirrors for just scrying. They can be doorways and they can be used to reflect a spell back onto the sender.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”