crystal sepperation

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
wind and sea

crystal sepperation

Post by wind and sea »

hello, i have a very serious question about a crystal. My soulmate and I just traded two rocks. He gave me a crystal that was half jet black and half clear but perfectly molded together. I held them in my hand to meditate and it crumbled into 5 pieces. Why would it do that to me?
Tylluan

Re: crystal sepperation

Post by Tylluan »

Some crystals are incredible fragile and this can happen. If its previously been dropped hair line fractures can start. The heat of your hand could have expanded in the cracks already in the crystal.

Sorry to hear its happened though.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

As much as I appreciate your question and your right to post. This question does not belong in the introduction section. There is a special section of the forum dedicated for questions of this nature. You can access the many different forum sections from the main page or board index of the forum. The board index is the screen with the chat room in it.
wind and sea

Post by wind and sea »

thank you that made me feel better, a little. i sleep with it in my bag around my wrists when i sleep. Deeper dreams than ever
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I can understand why you would be concerned. I have a ginormous stone collection and I exchange them with friends and lovers all the time; I am always saddened when one reports to me that they lost it or that it went through the wash and broke apart. Yours sounds very strange though....I don't want to assume that it is a negative omen about your lover, but it sure was transformative for that rock. I would say, having worked with crystal energies for a long, long time, that the rock simply did not want to leave its owner and so it spread itself apart so that perhaps a piece of it can get back to where it wants to be (it sounds strange imputing stones with desires, but my experience has led me to regard them this way--especially stones saturated with human energy and meaning). I would recommend that you give a piece back to your lover and tell your lover that the stone moderator at EUTM thinks that he/she should give you a new stone, that you pick out together at a crystal shop! Win! Win! I am very glad that the stone fragment are giving you good dreams though...Another possible meaning for this omen is that the stone is trying to teach both of you about impermanence. If a stone alters and changes throughout time, imagine how much you will! Romantic lovers tend to want their love to be static, forever etched in the universe...but this is not how love works. Perhaps the stone is telling you both to embrace all the forthcoming changes in yourselves, individually, and in your love together. Love each other as best as you can, while you can! :kiss:
Kendrom

Post by Kendrom »

It was explained to me, that a crystal can break after heavy use, or intense use. The person who explained this to me said it was kind of like a tire on a car. Some wear out faster than others, some wear out during heaving use, and some, manage to last forever (or so it seems). She said that she believes the crystal breaks when it has done all that it can for you. And it is time to move on to a new crystal.

To me, that makes sense. I mean, you are charging it with energy; discharging that energy; focusing your energy with, or into it. I can see how a crystal could wear out. And, I can see how a crystal might break as a way of letting you know that it is time to use another crystal. Be it another one of the same type, or a different stone all together.

No matter what the truth is, of why it broke, it is saddening to lose one that way.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”