Eucalyptus uses?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Yurai

Eucalyptus uses?

Post by Yurai »

Some eucalyptus trees near my house have been cut (not all the way, but really just brutally) and now I find myself with lots and lots of eucalyptus leaves. I would like to:
1st, bless the trees and wish them to recover, and thank them for all the leaves I am given
2nd know the properties and uses of the leaves (magikal and herbal)

Thank you!
Zili

Re: Eucalyptus uses?

Post by Zili »

herbal eucalyptus is great for helping one breathe
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Eucalyptus leaf as infusion (tea): 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoonful per cup hot water, 3 times daily. Steep for 10 - 15 minutes, and drink as recommended.
Put leaves in a pot and boil, then reduce to simmer. With a towel over your head, put your head over the pot (not too close and breath in for about 15 minutes. Do this three or four times a day. The humid, hot air apparently breaks up mucus in the lungs.
You can sew a small doll and stuff the dried out or even fresh leaves into it and put it under your pillow to ward away illness and keep you healthy. It smells amazing. Herbal dolls can also be made for other people.

http://www.silverenchantments.com/Herbs/eucalyptus.html
http://gypsymagicspells.blogspot.com/20 ... tml#Label1
http://herb-magic.com/eucalyptus.html

Hope that helped and gave you some ideas.
Bless :D
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I love Eucalytus. I only know of one tree I can actually get to and that is in London. You are very lucky :)

I've used the leaves before in a hot bath mixed with lavendar to help clear my head and help me sleep. You can tie the leaves in a square of muslin if you don't want them floating around. As with all herbs check first that they don't cause any reactions with the skin.

The tea recipe posted by AutumnMaiden is brilliant, I tried a similar but not as good version earlier this year when I had a head cold.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Yurai

Post by Yurai »

Thank you very much for all your answers, I'm having trouble breathing lately, so I'll put these leaves to good use :D
midnyt fantasy

Post by midnyt fantasy »

As far as i know eucalyptus leaves are extremely good to inhale with hot water, it clears Flem and helps shortness of breath.
Ula

Post by Ula »

It has antiseptic properties like tea tree oil too. It's good for cuts and a few drops of the oil in water will sanitize a surface.
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

have you thought of making an eucalyptus wand?

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”