Any one here NOT beleive in karma?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
luckimmortal
Banned Member

Any one here NOT beleive in karma?

Post by luckimmortal »

Ive seen this discussed on another pagan form, a good debate. Wish i could remember what was exaclty debated. But it was something along the lines of:::
you can put all your efforts,faith, and energy into something and still get no results, and at the same time there are those who dont have to try @ all for some things but rather it is simply dropped in there laps..
This person was also saying something along the lines of not believing the universe wants to "slap us in the face everytime were naughty"... thats really all that comes to mind so far, this is just the engine, any one got any coal for this train?? to be honest... I debate this myself now..

Maybe this is where they get that saying. "karmas a b****, its her sister thats the nice one? :roll:
Artie

Re: Any one here NOT beleive in karma?

Post by Artie »

I've seen more evidence of karma than I have any other metaphysical concept, so I do. But my sister doesn't. even when I point out to her obvious evidence of it. "Yeah...Remember when you teased me about failing math and now you're failing it? KARMA."
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I do believe it, the funny is that I almost was one of them who didn't believed in it, but I see in my own life the impacts of Karma, plus I see people consider Karma like a bad thing, like a punisher, but its not like that, its just fair, it returns whatever you give outside, it does not give you what you DON'T deserve, I believe in it, more than the justice system of any country in the world, because even in a trial, the judge might be wrong, Karma is never wrong....
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

i believe there are underlying psychological or energy related things that people interpret as karma but lack an understanding of it otherwise so refer to it as karma. I think our actions affect us psychologically, and that can attract things by our aura or self changing when we dont know it as well. Aura i think attracts likes because computer screens attract dust and stuff from the air, and aura i think would be similar.
And everything you do comes up again as an option, has to do with the brain more than mystical forces XD, like, breakign somehting cuz you get mad will cause you to be more likely to break more htings when mad, dependign on how u felt when u broke it, but also breaking it sends a symbolic message to the brain then u can act differently thus attract different energies without realizing it.

The reason why they would say karma or w/e is 3 fold is because it takes that long to reverse it psychologically maybe.
i also read somehting once on how dna can be related to karma, and dna uses frequencies to communicate with cells to tell them what to do, so it could attract certain things that way too. Plus making decisions affects outcomes, and changes our lives so even if its internal or not it would also change our environment and what would occur to us. and they say words are pwoerful on a psych when you speak it tells your subconcious the message as well as who you are talking to. So if you tell someone they will fail at something, because either you have ro someone told you you would, then itll affect your habit/trance state more to get stuck worse.

I say /trance state because any habit from what i read is a type of trance because it causes limited thinking to within the habit, and certain actions put you into trance, make the trance stronger or weaker. So really what i think about karma basically is, what you say or do to others, occurs also simulated wihtin your psych, like if you told someone they were stupid for some stupid reason, the things they have in common with you would be labeled as stupid subconciously. then ti would take time for you to get it out of your system.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I believe in Karma, what it is and how it works I do not pretend to know. I like to try to rationalize it but I cannot. I do know it exist.
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

Definitely believe in karma, seen its work in action, I believe karma has a big sense of Humor, did something bad then sooner or later something bad happens to me in a way that if i was looking at it from a outside view would be a bit funny and fair for whatever i did.
luckimmortal
Banned Member

Post by luckimmortal »

well guys, heres the thing... i know ALOT, of people will disagree on this, thats why the thread is who does NOT, believe. I mean to offend no one or their beliefs what so ever, but before the page is full of "i believe in karma because.." I want to let the readers know i started the thread to discuss the non beliefe of karma. I know plenty of reasons why it can be justified and validated, but I would like to hear why people Do Not. believe in Karma... IE: artie's comment was really interesting because even though she stated she believed in it, she said her sis doesnt, even though their math situation could be defined as karma. but her sister saw it a different way. Those are the people im looking to understand more.
Again i thank you all for the replies and im not saying any of you are right or wrong..
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I see that it is about people who did not believe in Karma, but is seems most people here do. I didn't want your thread to go un answered.
luckimmortal
Banned Member

Post by luckimmortal »

JBRaven wrote:I see that it is about people who did not believe in Karma, but is seems most people here do. I didn't want your thread to go un answered.

No worries.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I don't believe in karma as such ..
I definitely don't believe that if you're 'bad' in one life you'll be reincarnated as a pigeon or something
what I do believe is that karma as most people see it is inevitable, not due to some higher power, but because of human nature
If someone hurts you, you'll hurt them back, if someone's a gossip someone will at some point spread a rumor about them because they're known as a gossip etc
xx
luckimmortal
Banned Member

Post by luckimmortal »

Kitty wrote:I don't believe in karma as such ..
I definitely don't believe that if you're 'bad' in one life you'll be reincarnated as a pigeon or something
what I do believe is that karma as most people see it is inevitable, not due to some higher power, but because of human nature
If someone hurts you, you'll hurt them back, if someone's a gossip someone will at some point spread a rumor about them because they're known as a gossip etc
xx
well put.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

I heard a good explanation for this one. Basically (you have to believe in reincarnation) your karma is repaid in your next life.
The parable goes, that there are 2 friends. The first goes to a prostitute every Sunday, and the second walks for miles to hear his spiritual guru talk, and is very charitable. He tries to persuade his friend to come with him, but the friend never does, and instead goes to the prostitute. One sunday, the 2nd friend turns to the 1st friend and says "Let us go out today, and when we return, we will compare our days." so the 1st friend goes to the prostitute and the 2nd friend goes to his guru. when they meet up again, the first friend looks very proud. "On my way home", he says, "i saw a bucket of coal, and in that coal - look - i found this piece of gold :D " the 2nd friend frowns. "well, on my way back i got a thorn in my foot which i couldn't get out, so i had to limp my way home." the friends were puzzled, so they went to the spiritual guru the next Sunday, and explained their conundrum. The spiritual guru turned to the 1st friend and said "In your previous life, you were an extremely charitable man. The bucket of coal was going to be a bucket of gold, but every time you went to the prostitute, one piece of gold at a time turned to coal." then he turned to the 2nd friend. "In your previous life, you were a terrible dictator, who commanded the deaths of many innocent people. your fate was to be stabbed to death, but you have slowly paid it off, until it was just a thorn prick"

that better help, because it's taken me ages to type up!!! ;)
There are three sides to a coin.
luckimmortal
Banned Member

Post by luckimmortal »

lol wow really cool story, i like it.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”