Season of the witch(spoiler alert)

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
PinkTurtle

Season of the witch(spoiler alert)

Post by PinkTurtle »

I found this movie to be very interesting..I would say it is worth the watch although very short and would not advise going to the theater to watch it.. i would say watch it online.
It makes me very sad to know that so many innocents where put to death just because of accusations, but i think this movie was wrongly named..In the end it was about demons and they seem to try and portray that witches and able to just say any spell without doing a ritual and it just happening instantly what do you think about this? just a simple chant and you can call wolves and start a pledge although it was the demon doing this they seemed to think that it was things a witch could ... so what do you all think??
mind you i didnt analyze the movie and break it down too much but i'm still curious.
Happy discussions everyone!
witchmoon21

Re: Season of the witch(spoiler alert)

Post by witchmoon21 »

havent seen it yet:(
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

just saw it, i must say i was expecting it to be something more related to how witches arent all that evil, at least for me the trailer seemed like it. but it was another one of those "the christian god beats the hell out of the demons and the devil . and the cute guy wins the girl!
sigh
PinkTurtle

Post by PinkTurtle »

Same...That or like some hardcore witch hunt and then they see they are not all bad and they get good witches to help find "bad witches" or something!!*sigh* i don't know but that was NOT what i was expecting at all.. pretty decent movie i wont totally hate on it.. but it just wasnt what i was expecting kind of like twilight! lol movie fell VERY short of the books to the point sometimes i wish i never washed the movies.
psychicpredictions

Post by psychicpredictions »

I saw the movie as well and I thought it as an action flick because of Nicholas Cage. I thought it would have gone deeper into an understanding of witchcraft but it fell short of my expectations.
Fionn The Mutt

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

Before Christianity decided that witches were people that worked for the devil, a lot of belief systems tied "witches" to all kinds of supernatural beings. Often there wasn't much difference between what people called witches and what they called demons, vampires etc.

As far as the "good witches finding the bad witches" thing goes, Pink turtle, that was something that happened fairly often during the witch hunts.
PinkTurtle

Re: Season of the witch(spoiler alert) Christianity

Post by PinkTurtle »

Fionn The Mutt wrote:Before Christianity decided that witches were people that worked for the devil, a lot of belief systems tied "witches" to all kinds of supernatural beings. Often there wasn't much difference between what people called witches and what they called demons, vampires etc.

As far as the "good witches finding the bad witches" thing goes, Pink turtle, that was something that happened fairly often during the witch hunts.
I think it all comes down to control anyway..someone always has to be in control and say whats bad and good..happened then happens now and people seem to forget that what may be wrong or right to one is not the same for the other so i dont know why they get to decide..who's to say ones morals r bad or good and then put that person in power to control a whole country or town...

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”