Making a circle

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Charly

Making a circle

Post by Charly »

I was reading this book and the lady who wrote it was saying all these things you have to do to open a circle and close it and all this other stuff. Is there a easier way when your in a hurry but want to thank the god and goddess, or do a quick spell.
waterglyph

Post by waterglyph »

I haven't tried either of these, but I found them online for ya. I guess just give 'em a shot:

1) Quick Circle Casting ~ by Lady Dolphina

A quick, but beautiful way to cast a circle;

By the air that is Her breath
By the fire that is Her bright spirit,
By the living waters of Her womb
And by the earth that is Her body,
The circle is cast and we are between the worlds.
Let the ritual begin

2) If you just want a quick circle for protection or a immediate need, just visualize a circle of light going around you in a clockwise direction and surrounding you in the sphere of light. Let yourself feel the energy surround you. A projected focused thought is a very powerful thing and a circle of this nature doesn't require you to move at all especially under circumstances where you may not want anyone to know you've cast the circle around you. As you practice this form of circle casting, you will begin to see and feel it more easily. It will also get easier to do. This kind of circle casting is a step towards being able to cast simple spells at will for an immediate need. For example, you suddenly have a persistent pain that you can't seem to get rid of otherwise. You can learn to use light energy to help yourself and other people heal. If you felt afraid and in danger of something, you can easily cast this kind of circle around you to help protect yourself. I usually will also visualize a blue light pentagram in the cirçle with me since this is a symbol of protection.

By Arianna

Good luck...

- Em

i agree

Post by Guest »

yes, i completely agree! Those are great ways to cast a circle. I have experimented with it, and I find that one i created using parts of other ones i thought were easy and simple fit just fine. Use what works for you. Look around a bit in books, the net, ask friends, and try to create one yourself. Thats all I can say! Blessed BE!
darkestlight*

question

Post by darkestlight* »

yeah i think so, and does anyone know of a good circle spell that they could tell me i'd really appreciate it...thankz
Lora
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

If your in a real hurry then u can focus on the god and goddess and then in your minds eye see a white light grow around you, and then say a quick, 'earth, water, fire, air protect me in mi magical aiding' and then ur about done.....
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

I don't think circle casting needs to be elaborate, i just created my own way which takes about a minute. Just make something up, be sure you include the elements and the goddess and god and your fine :)

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Blue Moon Princess

Circles

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

I just read thru the posts and found that, without realizing it, I have been casting a circle whenever I needed protection. I ask to be protected in a circle of white protective light. And that is about as quick as it gets. But I have to admit, I love the energy produced when I cast a "formal" circle. Kind of like a fast food drive thru vs a dinner party :-)

Bright blessings!
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

How I cast a circle mostly depends on the time that I have on my hands. The quickest way is to invoke the God and Goddess and the elements and say something like-" I conjure thee O circle of power and within thy protective embrace may I do the highest good and honor the God and Goddess. So mote it be!"
moonlit

Re: question

Post by moonlit »

darkestlight wrote:yeah i think so, and does anyone know of a good circle spell that they could tell me i'd really appreciate it...thankz
darkest. I will bring our circle spell when you come over to grandmas for my moms birthday party and you can copy it down ok?
**Nothing is set in stone**
darkestlight*

Post by darkestlight* »

k, thankz, and thanks to everyone else.
Lora

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”