Does this palm reading sound like a scam to you?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Ipomoea alba

Does this palm reading sound like a scam to you?

Post by Ipomoea alba »

A few months ago I went to see a tarot card reader, who I wasn't completely satisfied with, and so my friend recommended me to a palm reader because her and her friend had eerily accurate readings relevant to their lives. I was satisfied with it, but I was also skeptical too.

I went in and showed her my palm. She said, "Very good. Well, you are going to live a very long life." She sees good things and success in my future.

She told me that the boy I'm thinking about confused me a lot. That I don't trust people now. She said, "There's another girl? Did you know that?" I told her I did know. She said, "This girl. She's around. She's with him... She's happy... She likes him. But he-- the boy you're thinking about-- he still-- you are in his heart."

She further explained another boy who was interested who was also confusing me, and that there were other suitors, but said that I haven't chosen either because I am not trusting. She told me I had better focus on my career and things will get better, and I will be less confused.

She says, “You have a question? I’m not done yet.”

I say, “Will I get married young?”

She looks at my palm. “Yes, you will. You will get married before the age of 30. Before the age of 30…That’s young. You will have 2 children. You are lucky. You will live a long life.”

She told me I was going to have a lot of success in my career. That I needed to focus on my career. She said I was going to have good luck and fortune there.

She told me I hadn't been sleeping well. “You haven’t been feeling as good as you look.”

She said, “You’ve been okay, but lately, you’ve been really stressed out. There’s so much stress. You have friends, but a few friends, who you are close to, because the people, they are talking about you. Even your friends, talking. People are talking about you and they gossip about you. There is so much gossip. There are a lot of jealous people.”

She told me, “I want to give you something. A cleansing. It will clear the energy around you. There’s a lot of negative energy around you. You can feel the weight of it. It’s making you feel tired. But, It’s going to be a bit of money. It’s going to be $100. Do you have $100?”

I say, “No.”

“Yeah, it’s a bit of money. Cleansing is expensive. The best you can do is not to focus on them. Focus on the career. You will be successful there. Do not focus on the people talking.”

I say, “Is it my fault? The bad energy?”

“…No. It isn’t. It’s just negative. From the people talking so much and gossiping. It’s sticking to you.”

“Your family. They are better… Yes, they are good. Stay with them.”

“You’re feeling stressed. So much stress. You’re going to be successful don’t worry.”

I say, “Is it going to go away?”

She says, “Is the stress going to go away? September is going to be a better month.”

The things she told me were things I already felt, or have gotten out of practicing my tarot card readings, such as the gossip and negative energy, but I felt unsure as soon as she mentioned the cleansing. Don't psychics like to scam people with that stuff? Although, I've been afraid I've been collecting bad energy, I've still heard a lot of stories about psychics claiming that their clients have bad energy.

And the bit about the boy who's still got me in his heart. I'm sure that I love him now. He's with that other girl, and he's been with her for over a year. I don't want to ruin it by opening my mouth since I broke up with him and he deserves to be happy and I don't want to be the girl trying to go after a guy in a relationship, but I'm worried if I don't do anything he won't love me eventually. I'm so confused. I've planned on being patient and waiting until they aren't together to tell him how I feel.

I'd appreciate any input. I'm just so confused if this is a palm reading scam or what. Thanks everyone.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

If you feel as if you need a cleansing then cleanse yourself. even if you go out and buy everything fro sage to matches; you should spend under 20 bucks.
arpgme

Post by arpgme »

While the reading doesn't seem false, she is being greedy wanting 100$ for a cleansing. You can do this for free. Go to You Tube and there are people who sends the Reiki energy through the video to either heal you physically, or spiritually (by removing negative energies). You can also find out how to clean your Aura. You don't need to pay 100$ to do this when you can do it yourself for free.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Yeah, It sounds like a real reading to me... If they said stuff you related with. & yeah cleansing yourself isn't too hard. I agree with JBRaven.
Try smudging yourself & your house. Take a nice sea salt bath.
Hope that helps.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Ipomoea alba

Post by Ipomoea alba »

Thanks for your input everyone.

Return to “General Divination”