Does anyone know how to tell if an animal wants to be...

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
oceaniawings

Does anyone know how to tell if an animal wants to be...

Post by oceaniawings »

How can you tell if an animal wants to be your familiar? I'm a beginning witch and I just got a new kitten. We (boyfriend and I) have three other cats, but I felt this immediate "feeling"towards this kitten as soon as I saw him. He seems to always be near whenever I am studying, reading tarot, etc. I want to learn more about familiars.my first question is, does anyone know of a ritual to "speak" with my kitten about being my familiar? Sorry if any of this post comes off stupid or doesn't make sense. :p I'm a n00b
Miripet97

Post by Miripet97 »

Oh, I don't don't think it's stupid. i was wondering the same thing as well. If you get an asnwer, make sure to tell me too, haha!
Zili

Post by Zili »

Meditate with your pet meet it on another plane where its speech isn't limited by this world's limitations talk with him/her its possible that this kitten is your familiar and its possible that he/she isn't the only way i know of to tell is by talking with the animal in question.
Miripet97

Post by Miripet97 »

[confusion] Like i've stated before, I'm really new to this, so I'm not sure what you mean by meeting it on another plane. Sorry for the newbish-ness ^-^;
Zili

Post by Zili »

There's more than just our plane of existence the most common one you'll hear about is the astral plane, in which our spirit selves walk
Miripet97

Post by Miripet97 »

Hehe. throwing it out there, I heard the word 'astral' and was like "I've heard of those! They were in the manga I was reading last night!" goodness, I feel so goofy.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I knew my kitten wanted to be my familiar as soon as she started treating me like mommy. Literally. She followed me everywhere, listened to me when I talked, came when called, tryed to suckle on my lips (that was kinda annoying), read my books with me, and in general wouldn't leave me alone. I felt a connection. And then I asked her, in my mind, like how you ask plants for a little of their leaves and such, if she wanted to be my familiar. And of course, she said yes. Ive also heard of people asking out loud to their cats, and the cats meowing as if to say yes (like my boyfriends cat does to him, but not for magickal things.)Depends on the cat and your power level. If you feel as if you can't communicate in your mind with an animal, say it out loud. The cat, if it wishes to be your familiar, will show you a sign.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Souls are embodied around people who have karmic bonds between each other. This is why you got that 'feeling' when you saw the kitten.

The object of life is to release your bondage and join in union with ALL of the beautiful children of god.

I know it may sound like preaching, but observe your inner light for guidance.

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “Animals and Pets”