sick n tired of being judged

Talk about anything you want to here.
tayah

sick n tired of being judged

Post by tayah »

okay so heres my rant why is it you can say your catholic or hindu or christian nothing is said.....
but if you mention your pagan, spiritual or wiccan they laugh at you or say stuff. im so tired of being laughed at....
bodimalik

Re: sick n tired of being judged

Post by bodimalik »

tayah wrote:okay so heres my rant why is it you can say your catholic or hindu or christian nothing is said.....
but if you mention your pagan, spiritual or wiccan they laugh at you or say stuff. im so tired of being laughed at....
Why do you mention it?

You know that old saying, "Fool me once..." applies here too.

Consider what you feel when someone laughs at you as tuition for what you were taught about mentioing something that is nobody's business.
Kamimukae

Post by Kamimukae »

I think our world is just going through a very hectic transition and some of this involves a re-introduction to the "old ways", and people are going to reject it at first, because it is exactly what this world needs a little more of.

Kudos for being able to mention it. You should never have to hide your religion. I have been too much of a coward to bring it up.
Zili

Post by Zili »

I was raised catholic and grew up in a very baptist town, i grew up being called a daughter of Satan because i was a practicing catholic... things are said no matter what faith you are.
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with people telling me my religion is stupid. My friends know me too well. If they wanted to get into a debate, I'd whip out all the facts and they know they would be faced with a strong opposition, lol. My family didn't quite understand, as they relate it to Satanism. My mother's side is all Jehovah's Witnesses and I was raised in that faith, lol. xD
One thing that I do have to mention is that Satanism is not a bad religion. I would recommend actually researching it before condemning it. Some of Satanists' beliefs are similar to Wicca and they may even practice magick. As a matter of fact, most Satanists are actually atheistic, meaning that they don't believe in deity and, therefore, do not truly believe in a being named 'Satan'. Then, of course, there is theistic Satanism which does believe in a deity named Satan. :) Its a very interesting religion and we could all learn a lot from it, just like all other religions.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Godsmack wrote:Some of Satanists' beliefs are similar to Wicca and they may even practice magick. As a matter of fact, most Satanists are actually atheistic, meaning that they don't believe in deity and, therefore, do not truly believe in a being named 'Satan'. Then, of course, there is theistic Satanism which does believe in a deity named Satan. :) Its a very interesting religion and we could all learn a lot from it, just like all other religions.
Satanism is personally one of my favourite religions. I think the 11 pillars are actually more moral than a lot of what the bible teaches. The only down fall to them is the one that says to destroy those who create obstacles in your way, though that can be taken many ways. It teaches to respect all things, including animals and children more than just about any religion I've learned about. The one thing I have to argue is that all Satanists practice magick to some degree. It's part of the writings that if you are gifted with the power of magick you must harness it and if you aren't then you should learn. They also don't worship deity because they see themselves as gods and therefore don't need to worship anyone.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

It gets on my nerves too, but I think it has to do with the anti-Pagan propaganda during medieval times and throughout the Burning Times. That hatred, fear, and intolerance - as sad as it is - has stood the test of time and is still alive today. While I think that people are getting to be a little bit more tolerant of religious differences, there's always going to be zealots and fanatics who try to persecute anyone who does not believe the way they do. That's especially true here in the Southern USA where I live. People here generally hate (yes, I said hate, and I mean hate) those who don't at least "claim" to be Christian or don't dress the way a "good" Christian is supposed to dress.

In general, Wiccans and other Pagans are very wary about coming out of the broom closet because of that intolerance; doing so could even put their lives in danger in some cases.
ValentineHeart

Post by ValentineHeart »

Because. They want to pick on the "weak" or so we think. They choose to make fun and burn us down (not literally) because were different. Were not judgment, so we're not "In the eyes of the Lord", we don't preach a dead man's words so we're evil. We love nature of Cherish time so we're "Witches".

We're different, and loving. They choose to pick because they think they can. What they don't realize is we're not much different from them, we're human...We don't beileve in the almightly and "UNLIVING" lord jesus. We don't make fun of other people or put them though exorcisms because we think someone else is "satan worshipping".

That is why they pick. WE ARE US...they choose to be what is written down in a book. But i bet you look behind the church clothes and "Heavenly Father" you'll find people EXACTLY like us.
ValentineHeart

Post by ValentineHeart »

earth wolf wrote:right...i dress with chains and my black clothes people follow me around stores literally wlak behind me like im going to whip out a pistol and turn it sideway and demand money.
not stupid enough to rob a store
lol
Oh and i know how you feel, i'm the type of person to change my aperience. Yestuday i talking around in black tights and a purple mini dress and people kept asking if i was a Gothic Hooker!

Lol, They judge with their eyes. So ignore them...Or just dress werider and annoy them HAHA
Angeleyes

Re: sick n tired of being judged

Post by Angeleyes »

tayah wrote:okay so heres my rant why is it you can say your catholic or hindu or christian nothing is said.....
some people are uncomfortable with what they dont understand. All I can say is if you are comfortable with yourself and your religion you dont need to worry about what others think/feel.

If you feel lonely or depressed because of this my advise is find people of like mind and surround yourself with them. Just remember you are your own best friend and the only constant in your life is you.

Stay strong and stay true to your values, you are beautiful!
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

ValentineHeart wrote:
earth wolf wrote:right...i dress with chains and my black clothes people follow me around stores literally wlak behind me like im going to whip out a pistol and turn it sideway and demand money.
not stupid enough to rob a store
lol
Oh and i know how you feel, i'm the type of person to change my aperience. Yestuday i talking around in black tights and a purple mini dress and people kept asking if i was a Gothic Hooker!

Lol, They judge with their eyes. So ignore them...Or just dress werider and annoy them HAHA
And crap like that is the reason why I tend to avoid normies. :roll: Although if they, for some reason beyond my comprehension, decide to hang around me, my morbid sense of humor tends to scare them off. And I'm not the only one in my family who's morbid - my mom's very morbid too, but her sense of humor isn't as twisted as mine.

People ask me all the time if someone had died or if I'm going to a funeral. Especially in Walmart. I'll be waiting in line and someone will tap me on the shoulder and say, "I'm so sorry." "...for what?" "Well, you're dressed like you're going to a funeral."

For my 17th birthday my mom got me a sheet cake with white frosting and black silk flowers piled on the top; she ran into someone who thought it was a funeral cake, and my mom was like, "Um...no, this is for my daughter's birthday." "Oooooh - she's one of THOSE people."

But with all these mallgoths and doom cookies running around, it's getting a little more annoying in the community. "OMIGAWD U GAIZ, IM SO GAWF I DRESS IN CHEAP HOT TOPIC CRAP LOLZ. DESU DESU DESU." Yes, I have unfortunately encountered people like that at the mall within a 200-yard vicinity of Hot Topic. Which I also avoid because it's A) cheap and B) selling a lifestyle and failing miserably at it.

I may as well start hanging out at Denny's at 3 AM...
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Lily Cantodea wrote: But with all these mallgoths and doom cookies running around, it's getting a little more annoying in the community. "OMIGAWD U GAIZ, IM SO GAWF I DRESS IN CHEAP HOT TOPIC CRAP LOLZ. DESU DESU DESU." Yes, I have unfortunately encountered people like that at the mall within a 200-yard vicinity of Hot Topic. Which I also avoid because it's A) cheap and B) selling a lifestyle and failing miserably at it.

I may as well start hanging out at Denny's at 3 AM...
Just be happy that in a few years they will either grow up and realize what real gothdom is, or they will decide to try and be normal cause no one cool is dressing like that anymore.

As for hot topic, I go in there once in a while just to browse the clearance to see if they have any thing cute I could decorate with, like some cute gargoyles and such. Every once in a while you can find something nice in there, but it tends to be on clearance cause it's not gloom enough for the cool kids^_^

Nothing will ever be better than thrift stores and DIY. And every now and then when you feel like splurging, real Lip Service or even some Atelier Boz.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Not too fond of Lip Service either.

One day I went up to some random mallgoths and asked if they knew who Peter Murphy, Horace Walpole, and Robert Smith were. They looked at me like I'd sprouted an extra head. I should have asked them if they knew what the Batcave was...or if they'd ever had Chartreuse...

I usually buy all my stuff online, but I'll occasionally wander into a thrift or antique store. I was actually able to find a cute miniature coffin that I made into a purse. Too bad it broke and I'm too lazy to fix it.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Lily Cantodea wrote: One day I went up to some random mallgoths and asked if they knew who Peter Murphy, Horace Walpole, and Robert Smith were. They looked at me like I'd sprouted an extra head. I should have asked them if they knew what the Batcave was...or if they'd ever had Chartreuse...
I'm not surprised by that at all. Those kids don't have an interest for the actual culture they are trying imitate, they just want to piss off their parents and "rebel" against..something if anything. I was recently talking to one when I was out scouring $1.99+ clearance rack at the mall looking at stuff that could be "salvaged" and got into a conversation with one. She asked me why I was out shopping and I told her I was getting an outfit together to go see Android Lust, and she went o.o . Kids don't know of old school goth, deathrock, or even darkwave/ebm, yet they want to be goth >.> Guess all we can hope for is them to trip over those ridiculous pants they love into a stack of vinyl from the 80's and find some Cure or Depeche Mode, though if they find The Birthday Party, I'm robbing them:P lolz.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Oh gawd, this new "goth" look (and by "goth," I mean, "about as goth as the brats from High School Musical wearing a ton of cheap eyeliner") is so annoying. It makes people think they're goth just because they wear a t-shirt with skulls on it. :roll: Go back to your My Chemical Imbalance and your playpen, babybats, because you're just annoying the hell out of everyone else.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”