what does love feel like?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Alchemist of Blue Roses

what does love feel like?

Post by Alchemist of Blue Roses »

Hmm... I asked some people what's love... I want to know what feelings you get when you are in love...
I wish I could say something so drastic and life changing that people would remember it for eons. but I can't think of anything so all I have to say is hello it was a pleasure to meet you.
MotherSuperior

Post by MotherSuperior »

Love is hot. Truth is molten.
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

MotherSuperior wrote:Love is hot. Truth is molten.
Could you expand upon that?
Mikhael

Post by Mikhael »

Love is liking someone so much that you would rather have them be happy over yourself.

Another way I would put it is Love is wanting someone for their benefit, lust is wanting someone for yours.
Let me take you down cuz I'm going to.. strawberry fields.. nothing is real..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace-- Jimi Hendrix
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

Being in love will mean you experience some of the highest highs and some of the lowest lows you'll ever know. I think whatever love is, it has to be something more than emotion. And yet, emotion is definitely part of love and being in love. As the ole saying goes, sometimes love means staying and sometimes it means walking away. It seems to me...very circumstantial and subjective.
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

Granamyr wrote:Being in love will mean you experience some of the highest highs and some of the lowest lows you'll ever know. I think whatever love is, it has to be something more than emotion. And yet, emotion is definitely part of love and being in love. As the ole saying goes, sometimes love means staying and sometimes it means walking away. It seems to me...very circumstantial and subjective.
Lyrics from a song by The Starting Line. "I love you, he loves you, who loves you more to let you go..." As me and my friends say love is the best worse feeling and the worst best feeling. Love can hurt and love can heal.
Daphnie

Post by Daphnie »

for me love feels like the craziest of things a lover does can cheer you up or how attentive he is to you and feel those butterflies in your heart where you can't seem figure out what they are. Love is like an overwhelming feeling. If the person you like or love tells you "I love you," your day suddenly becomes brighter. Thats how love feels for me
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I feel like I'm properly in love for the first time. When I'm with my boyfriend I feel like I can cope with anything. He is the person I always want to see, the one who cheers me up when I'm down, the one I'd do anything for. I feel incomplete without him. It's hard to explain, but when I'm with him it's like..."yes, this is right". It feels natural, easy, but still amazing and special. It just feels like this is what I was looking for. Love is truly incredible, but as this is long distance, it also hurts a lot.

Kaida
Lau
Greek_Male_Witch

love?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

For me Love does not exist! not that it don't exists as a feeling,I haven't felt it and I start to doubt that it exists sorry!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

love hurts coz when that person is gone, you can't help but cry and feel song what dead. very melodramatic but true
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Love is a breath of fresh air. It is the ground beneath my feet and the smiles on the faces of small children. Love is simple but often complicated by the ignorant.

Love is something that cannot be broken, just misunderstood.

Love you all,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
PoisonMushroom-DoNotEatMe

Post by PoisonMushroom-DoNotEatMe »

I don't really know what love is, but here's what I make of it:

I think it's when you can't stop thinking about someone, and when they give you the smallest compliment you go into complete bliss. It's not because they 'like your shirt' or they think 'you're hair looks nice,' it's the fact they noticed you. It's when your courage turns to mush and you lose grip on reality to float into a blurry state of mind that feels like no other emotion.

Yet, love is a deadly disease that takes over even the strongest of soldiers. I've watched it bring my friend from strong and proud to an butt-kisser. And another friend lost a lot of self-esteem. (She now thinks everyone is 'sick' of her.) Some people find out you love them and control you with it. Others completely lose their cool and make huge mistakes. Others feign love for lust.

Love is a game; think every move through.
Also, don't EVER regret a relationship. No matter how badly a relationship ends or how much pain one brings to you, at one point you felt 'love' for your ex. Even if you deny it now, it once was. Plus you learn from every mistake you make when it comes to love.

From watching, seeing, and feeling, this is what I have learned about love. Yup... it's not much! xD

I also have a quote that means a lot to me. I've seen it happen, and I accept it does:
"I've seen love die way too many times when it deserved to be alive."
-Emergency, Paramore
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

Love is different for everyone.

Love, to me, is that falling feeling you get while you're asleep that jerks you awake. Love is how it feels when you master your first accomplishment. Love is that dream that you never want to wake up from. Love is also the most pain you could ever experience and can and will leave you naked, alone, and crying for days.

Love is the most wonderfully twisted, annoying, craved, delightful emotion to ever experience.
Zili

Post by Zili »

Love is when you will sacrifice anything for the other person, it physically hurts you to be away from them for an ungodly amount of time. And when you know you want to say those 3 certain words to your other half before they explode out of you.

Your entire future you've planned out goes out the window because you know no matter where you go as long as you have each other you can survive off of anything.

Each time they smile your heart races. You feel like you've never felt before when you are in their presence, and energy courses through you before your other half has even touched you. The only thing you can think about is the other person even if they are standing in front of you or happens to be hours away. Love is when you know you'll never be this happy with anyone or anything else in life, no matter the difficulties you face and the arguments that occur. And when their safety and happiness is the only thing that you need. This is love, the center of the universe shifts from the sun to the person you love, at least in your mind and heart.
djoya

Post by djoya »

When I feel real love it is like looking thorough all ego and staring truth in the eye. Love feels like I am home.

~Love~

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”