telling your lover and karma

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
pink-pixi

telling your lover and karma

Post by pink-pixi »

So its my understanding that when you are casting a spell on someone eles the right thing to do is to tell them and/or have their permission. What if the person has absolutly no idea that you are capable or believe in such things? I'm not ashamed of myself or my believes but I live in a very conservative community. (I live in utah for crying out loud) and I'm not exactly comfortable with everyone knowing what I do in my spare time. So long story short, will karma hurt me in the end?
The spell is a protection spell that I intend to use on my boyfriend. But I'm not ready to go up to him, "Hi sweetheart, by the way I'm going to cast a spell on you tonight, hope thats ok."
We've been togeather for almost one year (Which seems like forever when your in high school) and youd think that this was something I could be open and honest with him about it but I'm just not ready yet. I'm afraid of what he'll think/say and how he'll react. I hate keeping secrets. I know he wouldnt make fun of me but I dont want him to think I'm insane.
ok so back to my questions:
1. will Karma understand?
2. I'm sure there are plenty others who have been or currently are in my shoes, care to share your experiences or give some advice?
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

It is considered better is you ask and have their permission, but as you're doing something like protecting him, I don't think that's a matter of needing to ask, because when you're with someone, that's something you want to protect them and be protected by them. You do at some point need to be honest with him about your beliefs. Just start a conversation about religion and what similar things you have in common moral wise and then tell him what you're choice of faith happens to be. If he really knows you and loves you, he won't think you're insane.
pink-pixi

Post by pink-pixi »

he has had trouble being honest with me, (mosty about drugs...well enitrly about drugs), and it always comes up that i have NEVER lied to him. The more I think about it the more I'm relising that I have, about my faith. I'm afraid he'll think I'm a total hypocrit. We're currenty working on rebuilding our relationship, (we just recently had ALOT of trouble over the drugs thing), and I don't want to mess anything up
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Have you lied to him, or did you just not mention it? There's a difference.
pink-pixi

Post by pink-pixi »

I would say not mention it
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Not mentioning something is not lying. You didn't present something false as the truth.
KaidaPyralis

Post by KaidaPyralis »

I can't remember who said this to me but it's a rule I like to stick to. When I cast a spell I like to ask two things -

1. How would I feel if someone cast this on me?
2. Would I try and do this by non-magical methods?

So like, for protecting him, of course you try and do that without magic.

Hope that helps,

Kaida
Lau

Return to “Teen Concerns”