My Mother

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
chrs8gar

My Mother

Post by chrs8gar »

As some of you know my grandmother on my mom's side was very deep into witch craft ( black) Well, my mom goes to church and is a Christian. However, I do believe that sometimes she pulls energies from the witch craft side. Is that possible? She called me this morning and was like " You're dealing in White Witch craft, and I just wanted you to know that" and then hung up on me. I am trying to maintain my cool and not get upset especially today as my Talisman is being blessed today as I wear it, and I was told not to fight with anyone today, and do not get upset. I don't know why I'm posting this, I just needed to vent a little and maybe get some advice.
Solo quiero ser tranqila, no quiero lastimar a nadie.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

And why are you upset? Because you're mom pretty much told you're not doing anything wrong? I'm just a little confused or maybe you didn't put enough info in.

And you're mom may pull a little energy here and there. I think we all do even if we don't realize it. Plus it could be possible that you're mom just has a a natural gift. There's also nothing saying that you can't be a witch and praise Jesus. That's why we have forums dedicated to it.
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

Well, that is what I do, I have not abandoned Jesus. And had she just said what she said and waited for a response then no, there wouldn't be anything to be upset over. But the fact that she hung up on me kind of tells me she wasn't pleased. Which I really am use to that, she's one of those people that she is not happy unless she has something to complain about. I am learning to not let her upset me, and just for the record her theory on this is magic is magic white or black and that its wrong. But that is her path you know? Let me live my own life, I am 36 years old. I really don't care anymore, I will not die tomorrow if she never speaks to me again.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I think you may just have to tell her that: you're 36 and if you want to worship Mickey Mouse or Kittens named Socks, you have the right to. Just tell her you understand her concern and that she always try to do best by you as she is your mother, but only you can truly know what's best for you.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Well,the way I see it,there are two options:
Option number 1 is to have a chat with your mother about it. Since it is your mother and you know her only you know what was implied by her comment. It seems to me that it was not a negative comment,it was just that she somehow realised that you're practicing witchcraft and she wanted to let you know that she knows,but if you think something else was implied you can just have a talk with her on the matter to make things clear. You could also try to do a visualisation on the matter and visualise telling her what you want to tell her. This usually works well for me when I want to talk to someone about a matter I think they are not willing to truely discuss.
Option number 2 is do nothing. She didn't say anything to stop you from practicing,and since you're old enough to make your own choices you can decide to leave the matter as is and go on practicing as if nothing happened.
The choice is yours.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

I am going with Option 2 , there is too much background here to write on a thread so I will not you bore with it, but to be short, she is not a good mother, I have tried for many years to work things out, I have forgiven many many times as harboring feelings hurts you more than the other. But there is always something new that she does to me. I am over it, I must move on, I wish her well, but I can't go on like this, she is hazardous to my health, and our relationship is very toxic. I go in for a colonoscopy in a week or so, doctor thinks I have something called Crones disease or calitis and than he said if these 2 are negaitve than my problem is from stress, and that I must some how ilimitate as much as possible. You guys are great thanks again for all your help. mmuuaahhh.

Blessed Be
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

In that case why not just cut her out?

She will always be your mum of course but that doesnt mean you have to have long conversations with her and visit her all the time.

Forgiveness isnt such a great thing. It is forgiveness that tells us to go back to those we love, even when they are the ones that hurt us. Some people, and some things can never be forgiven. It is for those that the universe invented retribution. The only question is: Is ours to enact?
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

You are so right, I always allow myself to get pulled back in. My mom always knows what to do, see I am a nurturer from the time I was able to use the phone she ( my mom) had me calling bill collectors for her making payment arrangements tell people off, she had me driving illegally at 14 to do her running. Well, anytime she calls, shes like " Chrissy I need to you" in a saddening voice, and its like 2d nature to do whatever it is. This has to stop because i always get burned ( besides my name is not Chrissy, my name is ChristinA) My daddy (RIP) was the only one allowed to call me that.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

It will be hard to stop doing her bidding, but it seems you must learn to realize when she truly does need you and when she is just being lazy.
chrs8gar

Post by chrs8gar »

yeah, it seems as though you know her lol....ie. she says things like " I can't press play on a dvd player" she says she doesn't know how to work it. She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I believe she could manage things like that I mean she works the stove, and when she's mad she sure knows how o use a phone and scream at me.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Even if she doesnt know how to do something then she will learn eventually when she has no other option!

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”