funny cat story

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
tnc0712

funny cat story

Post by tnc0712 »

my boyfriend doesnt understand why i talk to my cats like they are humans. He kept insisting they were just dumb animals until earlier today. One of my black cats kept staring at the boyfriend, and it kinda started to unnerve him, so he asked me what cheeba was staring at. I replied with "he probably just wants to lay on your belly." Boyfriend was shocked beyond belief when our cat stood up seconds later and plopped down on his belly.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Hahahaha, i bet that totally made his eyes popped out!
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

oops, i meant pop.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

My husband is the same way, tnc0712, so I totally understand. Some people just aren't willing to see animals the way we do- and really, it's more unfortunate for them than anyone else- they are missing out on so much.

I'm willing to bet, though, that the more he's around your furry companions, the more he'll grow fond of them. I do catch my husband at times, talking to Maggie (our dog) lovingly, and petting her... so maybe that's part of our job in life: to teach the love of an animal to men who previously weren't too open to the idea. :28:

~Bright Blessings~
*M
tnc0712

Post by tnc0712 »

i dont think my boyfriend is too fond of animals. He use to beat our dog. It hurt me, but he wouldnt stop. And now, he likes to pick the cats up and throw them, or blow smoke in their faces. They usually try to avoid him.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Oh my goodness, tnc0712 -that sounds like a very dangerous man, if you ask me. People who intentionally harm those smaller and weaker than them (in this case, animals), are often those who grow up and graduate to hurting "bigger" weak things (IE. people/kids/women.)

I'd be concerned, if I were you. And not only that, I'd not *ever* stand for my animals being hurt... boyfriend, or not.

You deserve someone that respects you and your animals. This guy is clearly not doing either of those things. If you want to remain in that sort of relationship, then that's definitely your choice to make... but do you think your animals would choose it as well, if they were able to make decisions for themselves? We as pet owners have to stand up and be the voice for our animals- no one else will do it for us or for them, and it's our responsibility as their owner to make sure that their basic right to life isn't being disregarded...especially if we know they are being put in a situation that harms them.

Please just consider it... for their sake.

~Bright Blessings~
*M
tnc0712

Post by tnc0712 »

i posted a thread in the rant section about questioning my relationship. I love my babies, but we really have nowhere to go right now.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I'm sure there has to be someone who would take you and your furry children in. sometimes it's all a matter of asking.

Return to “Animals and Pets”