pendulum magic

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
nini

Post by nini »

i'm using my wedding ring attached to my hair whenever i am using the pendulum. however, using pendulum is quite tricky as your will power sometimes control the movement of your tool. At any rate, the usual movement is left to right for yes, up and down for no, circling around for maybe.

i put the letters of the alphabet in a circle with yes/ no at the middle and numbers 1-10 below. in order to find out the position of your yes or no responses from the pendulum, ask first a question answerable by yes or no in which you already know the answer. when the pendulum sways in the answer you know (eg. moving to no when you know the answer is yes) you have to change the position of your yes and no. begin your questions with yes and no until you become used to it. getting tused to it makes it easy for you now to read the letters being pointed by the pendulum. :wink:
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

A no answer to a question you know is yes, can mean the timing is wrong. Try again another day to see if the response is yes. This happens for me all the time. Or you may try changing the timing in your mind to see if it could work out later.

For example, I have a friend, my best friend who moved years ago to a city he grew up in. It is a 2 hour drive one way and so to make plans I'll do a pendulum reading first before calling him. If the answer is no, I just wait until next week and ask the question again. Often the timing would have been wrong. The times I've done a reading first and the anser was yes, always turned out to be the most fun...best driving weather, perfect timing in every way. So, now I never go or make plans without a yes reading before calling him up to make plans. I don't go that often and it helps when things work out good.
Cherokeewind
Bruby

Post by Bruby »

Makbawehuh wrote: though it has an odd circular motion it uses when things are unclear... or perhaps when I'm not asking my question correctly..
Strange! Mine does the same! that circular movement annoys me:)
ImperfectAngel

Post by ImperfectAngel »

cherokeewind wrote:
kuotetsu wrote:
cherokeewind wrote:The Dragon around the sword would be my pick...I do some map dowsing, that could make a nice pendulum for maps.
How to you start map dowsing? do you start it with any rituals etc.?
The purpose of charging a pendulum, is to tune it to whatever ways you're going to use it. A new pendulum, I'll rub some oil or coco butter lotion (a substitute for oil) to help take out some old vibes. Then cast a circle, charge the pendulum...tune it by holding chain or string allowing it to swing. I'll also point with the finger of my other hand as if scanning for objects (when still holding pendulum). Consider whether it is for use at home or to take with you. I HAVE EXTRA PENDULUMS CHARGED SPECIFICALLY FOR MAP DOWSING. I first started using one with a chart inside a cast circle. But after a few times decided was easier just to charge the pendulum for use and then discovered how tuning to the purpose works. By purpose, I'm talking about mostly dowsing or simple chart type pendulum. They all work for other uses when needed, but tuning makes them more responsive to the purpose.

I know this is an old thread but this has worked for me too....I have found many things using this.
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

my pendulum is an amythest pyramid attached to (fake) silver chain. my mum's got it for my 18th birthday from ebay, not long after some has stolen my last pendulum.

i've been using pendulums since i was 13. i used to ask it questions and watch it move, but now i lay 2 peices of paper with "yes" horizontally and papers saying "no" vertically, so it'll look like a diamond, hold it in the middle and watch it swing. i always jot down note to see if it really does happen. but regardless, when i finish i always say thank you and give it a kiss. dunno if i'm supposed to do that but it seems to work well for me.
Yurai

Post by Yurai »

Wow, everything posted in this thread is new to me. I bought mine (an onyx pendulum on a silver chain) in a crystal and quartz shop in a 'Pueblo Mágico' (Magical Town) in Mexico, and they taught me a way to use it:

First you stand up, holding the thread/chain in front of you, with the weight (the crystal/ring/etc) dangling.
Then you tell it from your heart "pendulum, please stay still" it should stay still, and then ask it (in your heart and mind, or out loud, whichever you prefer) "pendulum, give me a yes", then "pendulum, give me a no" and lastly "pendulum, show me uncertainty"
It should give you three different movements, one for each answer. THEN you can ask whatever you want to ask.
The guy in this store told me that the pendulum's movement per answer varies from one person to another, and that it's really a connection with your subconscious mind.
So far it has worked for me three out of four times :)
Fayah'sAngel

Post by Fayah'sAngel »

i use my silver braclet which is very important to me on an emotoinal level

i then hold it over my palm and say

show me yes
then wait for an answer usualy my braclet swings left to right
i then ask
show me no
then wait for my answer usauly circles

i then ask will u work with me

and await answer

once iv had my answer i will ask it to stop then continue with my question askin it to be clearer if necessery
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

How do you like my new pendulum? It is actually a 4.5 troy pennyweight gold nugget plus a small emerald, 14K gold rope chain necklace...but it has good action for pendulum use. Got this while on vacation to the desert southwest last October/November. Had to get away for a time and be close to nature.

I was in Arizona. :wink:
Cherokeewind
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

very pretty :D
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I have done a lot of pendulum magick but somehow my dowser kind of grew legs and walked. I tend to use it in conjunction with my tarot card readings and to scry for spirits. Is there a good place online to get a new pendulum. I am currently using my dragon necklace but I need something new...I just feel it is time. Any ideas?
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

well i've got mine from ebay

Return to “General Divination”