what does it mean if a candle or bowl of incense explodes?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
midnightgoddess

what does it mean if a candle or bowl of incense explodes?

Post by midnightgoddess »

What does it mean if your candle or bowl of incense explodes?

I mixed a few herbs and burnt them over a hot coal in order to provoke prophetic dreams. This is not the first time I've made my own incense from herbs. (And I used to often have prophetic dreams which have recently stopped.) ... but that's not really importnat :-p When my charcoal wasn't burning using my long kitchen lighter I used a match. The incense started to spark a little then a huge flame caught on and then entire bowl caught fire then exploded into two pieces! Luckily my cat and I weren't hurt and I was able to contain the fire.

When I told my mother (who used to practice Santeria) she said if a candle or any tool used explodes it means you counteracted a spell that was being worked on you. Basically someone was working black magick or sending me negative vibes and I blocked/broke it.

I was wondering if any of you have heard of this before or have had this happen to you?

Thanks in advance for you answers!
Blessed be! Bibi Cindy
Stephanie Mae

Re: what does it mean if a candle or bowl of incense explode

Post by Stephanie Mae »

midnightgoddess wrote:What does it mean if your candle or bowl of incense explodes?

I mixed a few herbs and burnt them over a hot coal in order to provoke prophetic dreams. This is not the first time I've made my own incense from herbs. (And I used to often have prophetic dreams which have recently stopped.) ... but that's not really importnat :-p When my charcoal wasn't burning using my long kitchen lighter I used a match. The incense started to spark a little then a huge flame caught on and then entire bowl caught fire then exploded into two pieces! Luckily my cat and I weren't hurt and I was able to contain the fire.

When I told my mother (who used to practice Santeria) she said if a candle or any tool used explodes it means you counteracted a spell that was being worked on you. Basically someone was working black magick or sending me negative vibes and I blocked/broke it.

I was wondering if any of you have heard of this before or have had this happen to you?

Thanks in advance for you answers!
Blessed be! Bibi Cindy
As far as countering acting a spell goes.....I have never seen negative energy, hexes or curses blocked or broken when the person is working something other than a specific spell or charm to block or break them. To me, it does not make any sense that a curse would be broken, without taking the necessary steps to consciously break it.

My first reaction to reading this post really sparked on your statement, that your regular prophetic dreams have recently stopped. I am thinking that your dreams have stopped for a reason, and that you were not supposed to force them along at this time.

Another thing that makes sense is that, someone stopped you from having those dreams and when you tried to invoke them you were stopped. You might want to do a hex removal or cleansing, then try to invoke the dreams again.

It also could just be that you did not use the proper material to contain a fire safely.
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

It's known as a reversal. That's what some of us call it from my several different groups.

Let's say that I put a curse on you to make it so you can't sleep. You become an insomniac. So you do a spell that will help you sleep. It's sort of like math.

If 0 represents a normal person and a curse is a - 1. Then when I curse you, you're now - 1 because 0 -1 is -1. Now you do you're little sleeping spell and that sleeping spell is like +1. So a -1 + 1 is now 0. See it's a reversal.
midnightgoddess

Wow guys. Thanks so much. I didn't think of it in terms of the sleeping. I just thought I blocked something bad in general. But this does make perfect sense since my dreams usually just flow and I've had a dry spell (no pun intended hee hee ) for a while now.

I was able to dream last night however it felt as if they were all dying to get out because it was a flood of flash images as if watching a movie montage. Very strange. Usually I dream one or two subjects. Can recall everything and write it down in the morning. Last night it was as if I had 20 mini dreams flashing through my mind. Very odd. I can't even remember everything because it just flashed by so quickly.

Hopefully I fixed whatever was happening and I can get back to my normal dreaming patterns.

Thanks again for all your insight. :wave:
Xal

Post by Xal »

It can also mean that you own energy was too strong for the materials you used.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
midnightgoddess

Just following up on this... I'm happy to say this has never happend again. smileydance

I have bought a new incense and candle holders. I needed to update my altar anyway. Hopefully these won't explode on me. Heehee.

Thanks again for all the input!
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Without sounding sarcastic or anything may I make a mundane suggestion before we all run off to La La Land?

Maybe the bowl wasn't heat resistant and just exploded from the heat of the fire?

Just a suggestion.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

This too was my first thought, i am not saying magick isnt real or your spells dont work, i am a firm believer, however mundane before magick. Is it possible that any of your herbs/oils were flamable? Or stored near flamable items? If so i would conclude that is a big factor in the possibility of it being a mundane accident. Though i could be wrong, i mean your dreams have returned.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

does anyone here divine when stuff like this happens? with a simple yes/no divination system I would determine from the get go whether I'm working with the mundane or the magical.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi,

i had the same thing happen it caught on fire, but i realised u need a little water and then put in the oils/insects. sorry i can spell today not awake. i hope this helps.

blessed be :D
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Earth Ritual wrote:does anyone here divine when stuff like this happens? with a simple yes/no divination system I would determine from the get go whether I'm working with the mundane or the magical.
Have you tried using a pendulum?
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:
Earth Ritual wrote:does anyone here divine when stuff like this happens? with a simple yes/no divination system I would determine from the get go whether I'm working with the mundane or the magical.
Have you tried using a pendulum?
This would be a really great logical solution to this problem.

When I use a pendulum, I use Lapis Lazuli. I was always taught to use Lapis to seek the truth.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

i use cowrie shells the pendulum seems like it would take too long
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
midnightgoddess

Great idea guy I will try usuing my pendulum. Thanks
[wind_wolf]

Post by [wind_wolf] »

no lol they dont cast blk magic on me, i provide teaching to all my students(bout only witches in my town/school)
with our breath out we give life with our breath in we take life

may the light watch over you
and shadow be blind to you

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”