Smogie's BOS

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
smogie_michele

Smogie's BOS

Post by smogie_michele »

I've been working on my own person BOS lately, so I would like to start sharing some of my favorites with you all here. Being a kitchen witch, my magical workings are a healthy mixture of spells, rituals, crafts, and cooking. I hope you all look enjoy whatever little posts I put up here and there! Once I get going, I encourage a lot of feedback and conversations!

Blessings,
Smogie
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
smogie_michele

Re: Smogie's BOS

Post by smogie_michele »

Making Prosperity and Luck Oil

Magical oils can be a great tool to aid in your witchy work; with them you can anoint your tools, candles, clothing, money, and yourself, adding a bit of extra "umph" to both your spell work and your mundane life. Making an oil that works for you is easy enough- Just find the oil and the ingredients that speak to you and craft your ritual around it.

Last year, Cody and I were in a very stressful "turning" point in our lives and were actively working on making our lives better, but needed a little bit of extra help. Because we felt like we were exhausting all of our mundane options, we decided to make a magical oil to put on the bottom of our shoes, in our wallets, and on our candles in hopes that it would help us at work, in our finances, and in our home. I'm sharing with you our own ritual and recipe, but just know that your oil will have different ingredients for different reasons- make it personal to you :)

When
We started the oil on a new moon and let it charge until the full moon.

Tools I used
*Patchouli incense
*An empty Mason Jar
*Refined oil (I sprung for grapeseed oil, but use whatever you can afford)
*3 pinches of allspice- for luck, health, and wealth
*3 pinches nutmeg- for luck and wealth
*3 bay leaves- for luck and happiness
*3 cinnamon sticks- health, wealth, love, and spirituality
*3 pennies
*3 nickles
*3 dimes
*3 quarters
*3 tigers eye- to protect wealth and aid in luck
*3 citrine- protection, having a good attitude, positive energy
*3 adventurine- balance, money, luck
*3 clear quartz- to give the oil a little extra power
***all of the crystals that i used were crystal chips, pretty cheap to find in bulk and wonderful to use in oils, mojo bags, etc.

What I did
On the night of a new moon, I gathered my ingredients by my altar and opened my circle and lit my incense. We added three of all of our ingredients into the empty jar, one at a time. After all of the ingredients were in the jar, we filled the rest of it with oil and put the lid nice and tight. I held the jar over the smoke of my incense and said three times:
"Grow our finances
grow our careers
grow our confidence
grow our knowledge
grow our love"
Following our chant, we turned the jar three times and said "It is done, it is done, it is done.

We let the candle charge on my altar until the full moon. From then, we put a small dab of oil on our shoes before going to work or to a job interview, in our wallets to protect our wealth, on candles before we lit them, etc.

Although our magical oil ritual was a bit on the complicated and formal side, it doesn't have to be that way. Making your own oil can be as simple as adding a penny and a pinch of lavender to a spot of oil and praying over it. Make it your own.

And though I feel like I shouldn't have to say this: PLEASE DONT CONSUME THIS OIL.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I love this Smogie! :fairy:
I have a question about one part
smogie_michele wrote:We let the candle charge on my altar until the full moon.
was the candle part of the spell?
Also the use of small stone chips is great. Theres a store near me that sells mini polished stones per scoop. You can get a pretty good variety of the little sparklie gems!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Love it Smogie! :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you