Hummingbird's Book of Shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
hummingbird

Hummingbird's Book of Shadows

Post by hummingbird »

Hey all. Here some thoughts and Love, from what I discover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60GgFpchWQ I need to remind myself, that I cannot make someone to love me or like me - it's up to the other person and we can never go beyond the free will of the other. And life is not about me, it's about others :flyingwitch:
Bychan Wulf

Re: Hummingbird's Book of Shadows

Post by Bychan Wulf »

hummingbird wrote:And life is not about me, it's about others
I like the way you set it. But life is also about you, not only about the others. If you don't take care of yourself while caring for others, who will? :fairy:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Hello Bychan Wulf, yes, that is right. I think I am pretty good now of taking care of myself, but I somehow need to remind myself about this balance :) so in the unbalanced way of words in my post, before, my mind would have been occupied really a lot about: how I feel, how I think about a situation, why others react to what I said, what I did wrong etc. ... This thinking needed shifting, and this phrase: "life is not about me, it's about others" helps me to keep my thinking in balance. If this makes any sense? Thank you for reflecting :)
'love Love as Love loves itself
heal us, broken
stay with us, strength of the Earth'
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

hummingbird, that's a really good way to balance things! When you shift the focus from yourself, life gets a lot easier, especially in the case of anxiety. Shifting the focus away from myself has even helped me care for myself. Before I would fail to take care of myself because I was focused on negative things, but now I keep myself healthy so I can help others. It's a great outlook.
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

Also, is this video you or somebody else?

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”