The Charge of Odin

Talk about anything you want to here.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

The Charge of Odin

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

This is a rough copy, so please don't bet too critcal.

The Charge of Odin

"You understand don't you?"

"I've always know you would ask me too, I am ready. You know I will carry out my task, for you always."

"You have come far my young warrior; go now in the knowledge that Odin guides your hand."

The dim morning light trickles in the window, as my eyes open. Sharp pain and my eyes begin to adjust. Remembering myself I begin to shake off the sensations of stiffness and fatigue that plague my joints and muscles. As I pull off my covers and slowly walk to my dresser the thoughts ring through my head.

"Go now in the knowledge that Odin guides your hand."

My mind snaps to attention, my mission rings fresh within the garrison of my mind. In a fury I pull of my boxers, and hastily dress myself for school. As I go to run out of my bedroom I stop, and turn around slowly. I walk over to my desk, a small vial, with a cork stopper in it sits on the desk's surface. I reach out and hold the vial lovingly in my right hand; a light green colored mixture floats within the glass vial. I gently put the vial in a small pocket of my messenger bag, before slinging it over my shoulder. I turn once more to my bedroom door, down the stairs, and into the front entrance. I open my bag to make sure everything is in order, pulling the zipper closed I grab my coat, and head for the door.

"Where are you going so early?"

My Mother's voice rings out, cutting through my deep inner shroud of determination. My voice still rough with sleep crackles out.

"I have to meet a teacher early for help; chem.'s really hard this semester."

Walking over to my Mother I give her a little kiss on the cheek; ill see you when you get home from work, bye.

Have a good day."

I push open the door and begin to riffle through my bag, finding my MP3 player I unwind the cord, pop the earphones in, and turn on my favorite artist of late. Soft lyrics and gentle tones coat my mind, reflecting my personal desires. I walk to the bus stop, less then a block out of my complex. The road is thick with compacted snow; winter has yet to yield to spring. My thoughts remain icy as I try to retain focus, my goal is more important then the seasons, then anything mortal eyes can see. I round a corner, the ground and sky open up in the form of a large field. My pupils shrink as the thin morning light turns the snow to a flare of white. Through the blaze of the morning light, a single black raven stands beside my bus stop. I call out to the raven, neither caring nor aware if there are other people around me.

"I have not forgotten; tell your Master his charge carries forth his name and his might."

The raven gave a slight cock of its head, before taking flight, disappearing into the low, gray cloud cover. I cross the street to my stop in front of the field. My light green hoodie flutters in a slight breeze. I take a deep breath in; the breeze carries icy winds, and a sense of hope that fills me. I see down the street the metal beast roar towards me, its waste polluting the winds of salvation.

The doors to my school open and I remove my hood, school policy. What a shame though, the largest threat comes bearing no hood, a smile, and a tiny vial of green liquid. I walk quickly through the empty halls; few people are here this early. My locker opens and a quick exchange of materials leaves my bag entirely empty, with the exception of a small vial. The lock clicks close and I turn away from the metal lockers, to a long hallway. My nerves begin to burn, my senses begin to flare awake as my body prepares for my task.

"Everyday like clockwork…"

Words spoken in a hushed tongue creep from my mouth, down the hall way three boys walk into the school weight room. I quicken in my pace, trying to retain composer and focus all the while. As I round the gentle turn around the weight room I take a casual glance into the room. The three young men were stretching, preparing for their morning run around the school halls. I walked over to a stairwell and waited on the insides of the doors. After several moments quite talk could be heard, a moment after that three sets of feet were slapping the ground and fading quickly as the boys headed off. I opened the door to the stairwell, and made a straight line for the weight room. As I passed over the threshold the scent of sweat and the rubber of the mats hit my nose. I walk over to a small bench, tucked away in the corner. Three water bottles sit looking forlorn. I gingerly uncap two, having spent days in the weight room myself; I knew his two friends drank from the red and blue bottle, while he drank from the black bottle. I remove the vial from a pocket in my messenger bag, placing half of the vial in both the red and blue water bottle; I tuck the vial in my bag, and return the lids to the bottles. I take a quick walk out of the room, and back into the stair well. As the door to the stair well closes the sound of foot falls grows near, and within a moment the three of them come running by, heading into the room for a quick drink.

I sit quietly, knowing in moments my time will come. My fingers begin to shake, my hearing sharpens and color seems to grow more vivid as I prepare for the fight. Voices ring out, a paniced sound coats the voice of my true target, as a small clamor tells me his friends have fallen.

The door is not yet closed leading to the stairwell as I enter the weigh room. Justin kneeling beside one of his fallen friends, calling his name and gently tapping his face.

"Wake up Coen! Wake up!"

"He can't here you…"

Justin looks up, to see me standing at the doors entrance. I close the door behind me as I enter.

"I don't have time for you fairy boy…"

My eyes gain a sparkle of cunning, and a smile crosses my lips.

"You better make some…"

Justin looks up to see me advancing towards him, his expression turns to fear as he realizes.

"You did this?!?"

"A gentle sedative, nothing more."

I look at him in the eyes, my mind racing with all the times he had hurt me, the words spoken, the names he called me. His hate reflected in the way he flaunted his hetero, male superiority. I would show him what it meant to be a man.

"You and I have old business to settle, what was it again? Fairy boy? Little faggot bitch? Well this little faggot won't take it anymore.

Justin was the typical player, focused on a good looking body and getting all the girls. He was 5 foot 8, but his ego more then made up for any height limitations. Arrogance and the essential essence of total asshole seeped out of his every pore. My foe, and my bully, neither after today.

Justin stood up and walked around his fallen comrades.

"What are you going to do about it, I'm not the slightest bit sleepy, forget to spike mine?"

I smiled again,

"Not at all, I wanted you alert for the fight. Come Justin, come and teach this faggot a lesion."

Justin smiled slightly; it faded to a grimace as his fist came flying at me. What a shame, he doesn't know I've taken Karate, a request from Odin. A quick block throws his punch away from my body, into empty space. A quick punch from my left arm brings a crack as his ribs give way under my strength. Justin staggers back, cradling his ribs. His teeth grind together through the pain, and his eyes fall once again on me, they brim with fury. I stand hands at my sides…

"Come fiend of my life, teach me my lesion…"

His voice rings out in a roar, his fist trying this to hit me in the stomach. I block with my right, grab his wrist, and pull him forward as I kick with my right. Another crack rights out, followed by a roar of pain. Justin falls to the ground his knee bent at a unnatural level. Justin, now on his knees barely has time to see my own knee burying into his face. Another loud pop, I assume his nose. Justin falls on his side to the rubber matted floor. Moaning in what I assume must be extreme pain. I feel my blood turn to energy, my mind and body become one, my fist are simply thoughts now. I step over him, kneeling with his body between my legs.

"This is what it feels like…"

I think to myself,

"This is what it feels like to have a God within you."

Rolling Justin on his back, I look upon his broken body. I was right in my assumption, his nose was turned far to right, a thick stream of blood flowed down, staining his white shirt. What a shamn I had to destroy such a pretty face. I lean in next to Justin's left ear, putting my own next to his quivering mouth. I hear with a great rush of excitement his feeble moans, and weak cries. I whisper softly into his ear.

"Fear not my friend; I can call you friend can't I? You will not die needlessly, you my friend will save the world from Ragnorok, and your sacrifice will save so many."

Pulling away from his ear, Justin's eyes follow me straightening up again. I feel my body sync up with his, with Odin himself. My voice take on a duel tone, one my own, the voice of an Old man, staff in hand.

"For Odin, and for all!"

My fist travels faster then my mind can comprehend, and a final crack rings out in the quite air. Justin's neck snaps to one side, his eyes grow dull, another soul to Valhala.

I feel Odin withdraw, the ecstasy fade.

"My charge you must leave, remember the plan…"

"Yes…"

I stand up and walk to the door, opening and closing it as quickly as possible. I run over to the stairwell doors, and disappear within.

"I'm afraid I was on the other side of the school, I saw the three of them run by… but nothing more. I'm sorry I can't help more."

"You've been very helpful, thank you young man."

Our school constable walks away, a gentle sigh of relief escapes my lips. Looking down at my shoe, I notice a tiny spot of blood. A quick lick of my finger and the still wet blood whips away. What a shame I had to break such a pretty individual. The thought goes through my head without my full attention.

"You understand don't you?"

"I've always know you would ask me too, after all, we stopped Ragnorok, didn't we?"

"Yes my charge, your sacrifice has carried the true depth of your devotion to us; we have stopped the Great War."

"I am glad, but I have one question."

"Yes Derrick?"

"What's next?..."
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Shaman, I'd delete this topic now, walk away and never talk about this again.

Your handle has already left a trail on the web. You have posted your pictures all over. If you are asking for an intervention, I have a feeling you may get it, but it would be shame to ruin the future of someone who is as promising, creative and obviously intelligent as you are.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Ummm....Definitely missed something here. :?

Anyway, that was...interesting.:)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
hedge*

Re: The Charge of Odin

Post by hedge* »

Shaman Of Bliss wrote:This is a rough copy, so please don't be too critcal.

The Charge of Odin

“You understand don’t you?”

“I’ve always known you would ask me to, I am ready. You know I will carry out my task, for you always.”

“You have come far my young warrior; go now in the knowledge that Odin guides your hand.”

The dim morning light trickles in the window, as my eyes open. Sharp pain and my eyes begin to adjust. Remembering myself I begin to shake off the sensations of stiffness and fatigue that plague my joints and muscles. As I pull off my covers and slowly walk to my dresser the thoughts ring through my head.

“Go now in the knowledge that Odin guides your hand.”

My mind snaps to attention, my mission rings fresh within the garrison of my mind. In a fury I pull on my boxers, and hastily dress myself for school. As I go to run out of my bedroom I stop, and turn around slowly. I walk over to my desk, a small vial, with a cork stopper in it sits on the desk’s surface. I reach out and hold the vial lovingly in my right hand; a light green colored mixture floats within the glass vial. I gently put the vial in a small pocket of my messenger bag, before slinging it over my shoulder. I turn once more to my bedroom door, down the stairs, and into the front entrance. I open my bag to make sure everything is in order, pulling the zipper closed I grab my coat, and head for the door.

“Where are you going so early?”

My Mother’s voice rings out, cutting through my deep inner shroud of determination. My voice still rough with sleep crackles out.

“I have to meet a teacher early for help; chem.’s really hard this semester.”

Walking over to my Mother I give her a little kiss on the cheek; ill see you when you get home from work, bye.

Have a good day.”

I push open the door and begin to rifle through my bag, finding my MP3 player I unwind the cord, pop the earphones in, and turn on my favorite artist of late. Soft lyrics and gentle tones coat my mind, reflecting my personal desires. I walk to the bus stop, less then a block out of my complex. The road is thick with compacted snow; winter has yet to yield to spring. My thoughts remain icy as I try to retain focus, my goal is more important than the seasons, than anything mortal eyes can see. I round a corner, the ground and sky open up in the form of a large field. My pupils shrink as the thin morning light turns the snow to a flare of white. Through the blaze of the morning light, a single black raven stands beside my bus stop. I call out to the raven, neither caring nor aware if there are other people around me.

“I have not forgotten; tell your Master his charge carries forth his name and his might.”

The raven gave a slight cock of its head, before taking flight, disappearing into the low, gray cloud cover. I cross the street to my stop in front of the field. My light green hoodie flutters in a slight breeze. I take a deep breath in; the breeze carries icy winds, and a sense of hope that fills me. I see down the street the metal beast roar towards me, its waste polluting the winds of salvation.

The doors to my school open and I remove my hood, school policy. What a shame though, the largest threat comes bearing no hood, a smile, and a tiny vial of green liquid. I walk quickly through the empty halls; few people are here this early. My locker opens and a quick exchange of materials leaves my bag entirely empty, with the exception of a small vial. The lock clicks close and I turn away from the metal lockers, to a long hallway. My nerves begin to burn, my senses begin to flare awake as my body prepares for my task.

“Everyday like clockwork…”

Words spoken in a hushed tongue creep from my mouth, down the hall way three boys walk into the school weight room. I quicken in my pace, trying to retain composer and focus all the while. As I round the gentle turn around the weight room I take a casual glance into the room. The three young men were stretching, preparing for their morning run around the school halls. I walked over to a stairwell and waited on the insides of the doors. After several moments quiet talk could be heard, a moment after that three sets of feet were slapping the ground and fading quickly as the boys headed off. I opened the door to the stairwell, and made a straight line for the weight room. As I passed over the threshold the scent of sweat and the rubber of the mats hit my nose. I walk over to a small bench, tucked away in the corner. Three water bottles sit looking forlorn. I gingerly uncap two, having spent days in the weight room myself; I knew his two friends drank from the red and blue bottle, while he drank from the black bottle. I remove the vial from a pocket in my messenger bag, placing half of the vial in both the red and blue water bottle; I tuck the vial in my bag, and return the lids to the bottles. I take a quick walk out of the room, and back into the stair well. As the door to the stairwell closes the sound of foot falls grows near, and within a moment the three of them come running by, heading into the room for a quick drink.

I sit quietly, knowing in moments my time will come. My fingers begin to shake, my hearing sharpens and color seems to grow more vivid as I prepare for the fight. Voices ring out, a panicked sound coats the voice of my true target, as a small clamor tells me his friends have fallen.

The door is not yet closed leading to the stairwell as I enter the weigh room. Justin kneeling beside one of his fallen friends, calling his name and gently tapping his face.

“Wake up Coen! Wake up!”

“He can’t here you…”

Justin looks up, to see me standing at the doors entrance. I close the door behind me as I enter.

“I don’t have time for you fairy boy…”

My eyes gain a sparkle of cunning, and a smile crosses my lips.

“You better make some…”

Justin looks up to see me advancing towards him, his expression turns to fear as he realizes.

“You did this?!?”

“A gentle sedative, nothing more.”

I look at him in the eyes, my mind racing with all the times he had hurt me, the words spoken, the names he called me. His hate reflected in the way he flaunted his hetero, male superiority. I would show him what it meant to be a man.

“You and I have old business to settle, what was it again? Fairy boy? Little faggot bitch? Well this little faggot won’t take it anymore.

Justin was the typical player, focused on a good looking body and getting all the girls. He was 5 foot 8, but his ego more then made up for any height limitations. Arrogance and the essential essence of total asshole seeped out of his every pore. My foe, and my bully, neither after today.

Justin stood up and walked around his fallen comrades.

“What are you going to do about it, I’m not the slightest bit sleepy, forget to spike mine?”

I smiled again,

“Not at all, I wanted you alert for the fight. Come Justin, come and teach this faggot a lesion - not sure if this is a typo. Did you mean lesson?.”

Justin smiled slightly; it faded to a grimace as his fist came flying at me. What a shame, he doesn’t know I’ve taken Karate, a request from Odin. A quick block throws his punch away from my body, into empty space. A quick punch from my left arm brings a crack as his ribs give way under my strength. Justin staggers back, cradling his ribs. His teeth grind together through the pain, and his eyes fall once again on me, they brim with fury. I stand hands at my sides…

“Come fiend of my life, teach me my lesion same as before?…”

His voice rings out in a roar, his fist trying to hit me in the stomach. I block with my right, grab his wrist, and pull him forward as I kick with my right. Another crack rights out, followed by a roar of pain. Justin falls to the ground his knee bent at an unnatural level. Justin, now on his knees barely has time to see my own knee burying into his face. Another loud pop, I assume his nose. Justin falls on his side to the rubber matted floor. Moaning in what I assume must be extreme pain. I feel my blood turn to energy, my mind and body become one, my fists are simply thoughts now. I step over him, kneeling with his body between my legs.

“This is what it feels like…”

I think to myself,

“This is what it feels like to have a God within you.”

Rolling Justin on his back, I look upon his broken body. I was right in my assumption, his nose was turned far to the right, a thick stream of blood flowed down, staining his white shirt. What a shame I had to destroy such a pretty face. I lean in next to Justin’s left ear, putting my own next to his quivering mouth. I hear with a great rush of excitement his feeble moans, and weak cries. I whisper softly into his ear.

“Fear not my friend; I can call you friend can’t I? You will not die needlessly, you my friend will save the world from Ragnorok, and your sacrifice will save so many.”

Pulling away from his ear, Justin’s eyes follow me straightening up again. I feel my body sync up with his, with Odin himself. My voice takes on a dual tone, one my own, the voice of an Old man, staff in hand.

“For Odin, and for all!”

My fist travels faster then my mind can comprehend, and a final crack rings out in the quiet air. Justin’s neck snaps to one side, his eyes grow dull, another soul to Valhala.

I feel Odin withdraw, the ecstasy fade.

“My charge you must leave, remember the plan…”

“Yes…”

I stand up and walk to the door, opening and closing it as quickly as possible. I run over to the stairwell doors, and disappear within.

“I’m afraid I was on the other side of the school, I saw the three of them run by… but nothing more. I’m sorry I can’t help more.”

“You’ve been very helpful, thank you young man.”

Our school constable walks away, a gentle sigh of relief escapes my lips. Looking down at my shoe, I notice a tiny spot of blood. A quick lick of my finger and the still wet blood whips away. What a shame I had to break such a pretty individual. The thought goes through my head without my full attention.

“You understand don’t you?”

“I’ve always known you would ask me to, after all, we stopped Ragnorok… didn’t we?”

“Yes my charge, your sacrifice has carried the true depth of your devotion to us; we have stopped the Great War.”

“I am glad, but I have one question.”

“Yes Derrick?”

“What’s next?...”

Excellent Shaman - you write with such talent.

I corrected the typos - I'm sorry I can't help myself.
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

Wow, very detailed writing. How long did you take to write this?
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

It took an hour and a half.

Also this isn't an intervention based cry for help. I read online that occasionally they would sacrifice people to Odin, usually by hanging them. It just sparked my mind. The names are all true, and there is a guy, names Justin at my school just like that. I've written stories of crazy people who get revenge by biting into other peoples necks and lather in the blood, doesn't mean I do. lol.

I see your points however, my apparent need to fight, a post about poisons and now a little story with Factual characters and plausible plot. I'm not going to hurt anyone, but back when I was a newbie I wondered about poisons because of the stereotypical image of a witch, being all sneaky and having potions and stuff. I'm not going crazy, I'm not going to kill anyone, it a story, enjoy the ride and accept the fact that it is only pixels on the screen.

Also, thanks for fixing the typos, I wrote it last night before bed and as I said, its a first draft.
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

Wow - an hour and a half. That is amazing... I couldn't do that.
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Shaman Of Bliss wrote:Also this isn't an intervention based cry for help.
My apologies if I didn't make myself clear.

Thing is that if any of those christians you've been debating with google your handle, it will lead them directly to these forums, where finding your posts is an easy matter. With the recent events in schools all over america, who knows what they might feel compelled to do?

This is a public forum, and your posts here can easily be traced back to you via the posting IP. Worse, you have posted pictures so someone from your local community might even recognize you.

I'm not saying these things *will* happen, I'm saying that the odds of them happening are high enough that you should be extremely wary what kind of material you leave out in the open.

But, each to their own. Take care of yourself,

A
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

I understand, I didn't think about it like that. I don't mind if the entire world knows I'm Pagan, and I doubt most Priests that may come knocking will know Marital arts, so perhaps I have a edge there. I told you that I never wanted to leave a trail to this site, I love this site. Thats why I didn't mention it. For a Christian etc too be so obsessed to try and track me down, I believe it, but perhaps it is unlikely.

I grow tired, I am in poor health, the flu is ravaging my insides. More later, tea now...
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Okay, I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but I just wasn't really feeling the story. Mainly because you tried to make a story of Odin and one of his followers, and as a whole you didn't capture the spirit of either very well. I am saying this as an Ulfhedinn, a son of the Allfather.

Though on a interestingly funny note, I'm 5' 8" and named Justin. =P
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
JacklynSnyder1o1

Post by JacklynSnyder1o1 »

Wolf wrote:Though on a interestingly funny note, I'm 5' 8" and named Justin. =P
=o
Creepy.
I just don't know what to think about this story.
I like it but then there's a nagging voice in my head that says something is wrong with it.
Maybe the images I get.
=)
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which slides like an hybrid emotion
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which hurts like artificial love
-♥
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

okay, two things. This is a reflection on myself. THis is something I could do, I am constantly bullied by Justin. Also, I follow Odin, I have yet to do a dedication but his is a large part of my being. I was attacked a few moths ago, I swore never to be weak again, no more tears, regret and remorse were met with more self inflicted wounds to remind me that feelings are pain, they are death. I can be happy, but sad, sadness his introspection in a negative manner, and thusly not allowed.

I am trying to tune myself to be a Warrior. I will not allow Justin, or any other who wish to harm me win.

THAT my friend is the charge of Odin, that is what you miss when you read, that is what I cannot convey, it simply is me...
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

And you see leading someone into a trap like that and knocking someone out as Odinic? A true warrior will renounce such petty things and confront his enemy head on, but what you described was just a trap set without honor. You want to be a warrior of Odin? Then do it right! Renounce the advantage and fight your foes on equal terms, never fight one who you know to be weaker, and never step back in a fight unless it is to leap forward! Learn these, learn the lore, and learn the ways of Odin, and you may actually become a warrior.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

ATraveller wrote:
Shaman Of Bliss wrote: Thing is that if any of those christians you've been debating with google your handle, it will lead them directly to these forums, where finding your posts is an easy matter. With the recent events in schools all over america, who knows what they might feel compelled to do?

This is a public forum, and your posts here can easily be traced back to you via the posting IP. Worse, you have posted pictures so someone from your local community might even recognize you.
A good reminder for us all Traveller.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

yeah ban me if it makes trouble. I don't particulary care anymore.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”