Found money, then almost had a squirrel fall on me.

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Ookamisuke

Found money, then almost had a squirrel fall on me.

Post by Ookamisuke »

I had just stopped by a guy's house to look at some of the collectible items they had for their yard sale, as I am interested in a couple of their items and wanted to see if they were still available. I said bye, and started walking home. Next thing I know, I look on the ground and find $25.00 on the ground (A twenty and a five). I'm in shock, I never find loose money on the ground laying around.

Still in shock, I continue walking home. I stop to watch a squirrel bury a nut, and this squirrel is, I'm not exaggerating here, a foot and a half from me! It finishes burying the nut as if I'm not even there, then slowly makes its way off, again like I'm not even there! It climbs up a tree, and starts circling around. I'm thinking, "Cool, don't get to be that close to nature very often."

I keep walking, and next thing I know, the squirrel falls out of the tree, quite literally AT MY FEET. If I had moved a second sooner, that squirrel would have fallen on me.

Thusly, I'm taking it as a sign. Can anyone shed some light on what Squirrel is trying to tell me?

Also, don't know if it is related or not, but I also saw a mosquito flying around me shortly before all this transpired. Haven't seen mosquitos in a long, long time (Months, not years), so not sure if that's also a sign or not. It's autumn here in the Midwest USA, so you don't even see many mosquitos to begin with.

Finally, it is all possible that I just got lucky and found $25.00, then a squirrel fell out of a tree and almost hit me purely by coincidence, and I'm over analyzing things. LOL
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Found money, then almost had a squirrel fall on me.

Post by Firebird »

Well, I'd say squirrels are well known for storing away food for a later time, I would say finding the money, watching the squirrel bury that nut and then have the squirrel almost fall on you, perhaps could be a symbol to save some money or to squirrel away something for a later day.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LoneWhiteWolf

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

Hmmm Maybe you did something nice and this is the goddess' way of showing you you've done a good deed? (Karma?) You certainly sound like you were given the gift of luck, you should cherish it and save that money for something pretty.. maybe a few new gems?

Squirrels like to 'cache' (Cash) there food for the winter.. maybe he's signifying the way the money fell onto the ground? Hehe

:flyingwitch:
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
Becks

Post by Becks »

Was the squirrel okay?
Ookamisuke

Post by Ookamisuke »

The squirrel was fine, it ran away up the tree chasing another squirrel.
Wolf, I don't really use gems or practice the usual wicca. My own spiritual (Could not type that word! LOL) faith follows Wolf, and is similar to Animism, Spiritualism, and a hodge-podge of other faiths.

Regardless, I did spend the money wisely, but after thinking on it for a few minutes, I realized it was a sign that I really do need to start saving money, because something could be coming up in my future that is going to cost me a pretty penny!

Return to “Animals and Pets”