Summoning a stray pet

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
MoonBlaze

Summoning a stray pet

Post by MoonBlaze »

Does anybody know anything about summoning stray pets? I want to have a therapy cat so I can feel better when I am depressed.
sshanti

Post by sshanti »

Cats are great pets :) we have 3 of them. One of them was a stray and we have had her for 4 years. Jazz is still a bit feral, she likes affection on her terms. Not all strays are hard to please, and it takes patience and time. But she has never wanted to go back out, so we must be doing something right!
There are always animals at the animal shelters to adopt, and the animal never forgets who picked them over all the others. Cleo was a shelter cat, and she is definitely my spoiled brat lol. She is now 10 years old. The oldest of the group is Peanut, we got her from a friends' cats' litter 12 years ago. I think that Peanut is the most sociable to us but the most skittish- we call her Panic when she runs and hides...
A sad story from a while back about strays, one was on the porch about 2 years ago. Since we already have 3 we decided to keep her overnight but called the animal shelter to see if anyone lost her. The poor kitty was so thin, and then I realized she was declawed, so if she tried to catch a bug or anything to eat she probably could not. The shelter had been so busy because people are having hard times and let their pets out to fend for themselves GGggrrrrrrrr. We never know what happens to shelter cats when they are given up for adoption but at least they have a chance that someone will take care of them.
I know what you mean about feeling better, the cats are so precious and I hope they enjoy my company as much as I enjoy their unconditional kittylove for us.
Sorry for talking your ears off but MoonBlaze, if you need anything to do with cats I will be glad to help
Have you hugged your cat today?
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

The best way to get a stray cat is to put out food. Sit out side when for a little whole when you put the food out just to see if any come and which ones they are. I personally treat animals similar to children, so I would great them in such a manner. At some point one or two will start to trust you enough where you can take them in. Make sure though, that they don't belong to anyone before you decide to give them a home.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
sshanti

Post by sshanti »

I will never forget how Jazz cried all night outside the kitchen window, and then walked in the front door just like she owns the place lol.
Sometimes they pick you

Have you hugged your cat today?
MoonCat

Post by MoonCat »

Very often they pick you. I never intended to adopt another cat because I had plenty already. And he was a huge, aggressive, angry tomcat who bites. But I kept leaving food out, and he gradually calmed down and stopped hissing and snarling at me so much. Then he let me pet him. Eventually I'd go out with a plate of food, and he'd be waiting in the yard for me, and he'd trot up to me meowing and purring. When he started tussling with a raccoon, I decided it was time to take him in. Now he's a happy, spoiled housecat.

Another time, years ago, I walked into my building and there in front of the elevator was this skinny little orange kitten, screaming in terror and misery at the top of his little lungs. I picked him up, and the screaming stopped and he started purring. He was another one that I wasn't going to adopt. Uh-huh.

I never have any trouble attracting cats. They seem to hunt me down and adopt me whether I want it or not.
MoonBlaze

Post by MoonBlaze »

Thanks! :D and sshanti, thats so sweet about your cat! I have a cat but shes really sassy and wont let our family pick her up or sit on peoples laps, shes not cuddly. Hahaha but shes sweet.

Return to “Animals and Pets”