Drawing people

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.
SapphireRoad

Drawing people

Post by SapphireRoad »

So I started drawing portraits to grow ability to draw down visions in a fancier way.
To practice I've got to use some real people hence I decided to draw beautiful women so as to pass the time of learning in a more comforting way
I'm gonna put 'em here https://www.deviantart.com/sapphireroad
feel free to comment, or share some drawing tips with me

Thanks
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
"toll the Silver iterance" Elizabeth B. Browning
"Perfect till the nightingales applauded." Robert Browning
אהיה אשר אהיה

Hazel Moon

Re: Drawing people

Post by Hazel Moon »

I like your drawings, SL. They look very nice.

If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been drawing? Because it looks like you've been at it for a while and gained some experience. :)
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

firebirdflys
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Post by firebirdflys »

I personally do not like using charcoal because I do smudge everything up. Pencil is my favorite though I smear that too, but it erases.
There is a rule of quartering when drawing faces, but hey, you have some interesting likenesses gong on, I don't imagine spirits and what not, stick to a standard drawing set up.
BB, FF

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Hazel Moon wrote:I like your drawings, SL. They look very nice.

If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been drawing? Because it looks like you've been at it for a while and gained some experience. :)
Thank you so much for a confidence uplifter which is great for freshmen in whatever new discipline :flyingwitch:

Been trying to draw down visions when visibility was good ever since... well the first ok attempt was in August 2018.
Watched some tutorials on how to draw realistic eyes or face by making lines.
I like the note that implores to awareness that two eyes are never same! Makes it more realistic.
Right now I'm attending small drawing course but we already had portraits in just 1 lesson.
I guess my responsibility is to watch a ton of tutorials. I don't understand how to make shades and the pencil-coal dilema I described in profile on that site still stands.

FireBird - yeah I draw lines horizontal but no verticals thus far, thanks for the tip and nice words too :flyingwitch:
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Finally made something ok
billboard model, always good looking makeup/fashion cliché
thus looking good by itself without me trying
Attachments
street a.jpg
street b.jpg
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Yesterday had it we encountered Elizabeth Bathory... I had a long struugle whether to cross the castle's gate arc in the eve when place was silent. Decided rather to not but weird feeling had it there was a presence.
She came to us as she stepped out and we talked a bit and shared some gifts.
Very heartfelt encounter. She has charisma of nobility and gracefulness and perhaps bit of sadness too. Just like many of us.

https://www.deviantart.com/sapphireroad ... -831838428

By the way, concerning places where people meet. that site is like freethinker's café in some town... on internet and among artists... I missed a lot by not being signed over there, beautiful galleries are on that site of artists whose proficiency broadly varies in different styles.
יהשוה ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ
אהיה אשר אהיה

Return to “Artwork”